1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New supercar. over 1000hp

Discussion in 'General' started by jaguarking11, 4 Dec 2005.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

ok...i can understand chelby has contributed to some great cars but none of them was perfect by any means...

i really cant stand the AC cobra...yes it has lots of power and it looks great but its sooo skittish at the back end and prob kill anyone going round corners..it simply isnt a good option...nor were the early ones reliable...

the only car i like that shelby put his hands on was the shelby mustang...

also on the subject of supercars....how in a million years are shelby or saleen cars actually super???...they are NOWHERE near the league of Aston martin,Lambogini,Ferrari,Paggni,porche...etc etc etc...

the list could go on but calling a souped-up ford/dodge/chevy a supercar is very misleading.....no matter how fast it goes...as many supercars don't have/need all that power or "bling bling" factor these ameircan cars have to use.

also the GT40/90 that i like is a iconic car just like the cobra...but it's all a matter of taste...its not my no.1 choice but its on the list somewhere...

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The S7 Twin Turbo is right up there with them (well, it owns aston and porsche, but you get the idea), as is the Ford GT

The new Corvette Z06 is also a fantastic car with ferrari eating power AND handling - and all for the low low price of $75k - cant argue with that

3. atanum141

i wasnt talking about how fast it could go or if it could beat any of the cars i have mentioned in power/speed but the overall sence/feeling of having one of the supercars versus the wannabies/copies.....like i said in my first post its like having a fake gucchi handbag....even if you'd own such an item it will never have the same feeling nor "soul" as the original has.

4. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

explain who America copies?

America does big,fast and beautiful in its own very special way

5. atanum141

indeed they do..but their european/asian(jap) counterparts do it SO much better.

thats all.

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

No offence intended atanum, but you sound like a bit of a "fanboy" who watches too much Top Gear. Your opinions seem to be pulled straight from that and the fact that everyone in The Fast and the Furious drives Japanese cars. Apologies if this isn't the case.

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Shelby you say hmmmm

8. atanum141

none taken..but im just sick and tired of point less 10liter V20's with 5000bhp cars which have no point to them....and in the long run arnt very good at anything.....i will admit im a fanboy of european supercars and others...included some american cars(old skool ones) but i dont see the revelence or point of the crap churned out by some american garage.

they are just selling to a market who has no clue about "decent" or proper supercars.

9. dom_

dom_ --->

supercars are supposed to be the best technology in a pretty package with stupid amounts of flair and want ability.

i think both european and americans do it, just differently. we have a 4l 500bhp car and they have a 12l 500bhp car. makes no difference to me.

the only thing i dislike with the american cars is the lack of quality. you get in a ferrari and an entire field of cows willing gave their lives to become one seat. the best cows too! you get real wood veneer from some of the rariest trees and hand turned aluminium controls. you get in an american supercar and its plastic with more plastic. just seems tacky to me.

10. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Look guys. It may look odl school 80's but thats the price you have to pay for arodynamics that could overcome the speed barrier. Its actualy a pretty light vehicle as well. Hnadling wise I bet it will do as well as others. Saleen S7 is a better supercar than most that come out of italy. Quality wise as well. This ssc has yet to be proven but to me I think it can do what it was designed for. Speed barier breaking.

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Have you not stopped to think about some of the crap churned out by european car manufacturers?? There are just as many terrible european cars as there are terrible american cars.

Even a lot of italian supercars, as nice as they are (well, most), fall apart and rust (maser/ferrari anyone?)
    British supercars have had uttely atrocious build quality for many years, and only now are starting to get their act together.

Whats the last modern american sports car youve driven?

12. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

I'll take a nice smooth ride over power any day, I did the sports car thing for years and to honest with you a smooth riding luxurious vehicle is the only way to go. IMHO.

13. phantomxc

phantomxc What's a Dremel?

Im all for that ^_^ but even better, a nice smooth ride with power. S8 anyone? lambo or the upcoming RS6 (audi fan if you couldn't tell)

14. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I can easily do that. CTS-v. Caddy comfort and ride backed with a vette powerplant. Nothing like 400hp ls2. ANd take it to lingenfelter and you got one of the fastest luxury cars available. Or even a audi a8 would do just fine. Audi v8's are nice.

Tags: