1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L&O:Trial by Jury - good?

Discussion in 'General' started by MrOrange99, 2 Dec 2005.

1. MrOrange99

MrOrange99 What's a Dremel?

Law & Order : Trial by Jury is now being syndicated and I have the chance to start from the beginning. Is it worth it, who knows about this spin-off of L&O? I need to figure out if its worth investing time in, although it I am optimistic because it seems to be more my speed compared to the original L&O.

Fans or Critics!

2. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

IMO, having seen a few of these in the States, it's not as good as the other three. The Law/Order balance is a bit screwy, from what I remember.

1) Criminal Intent (I love you Vince D'Onofrio)
    2) Special Victims Unit
    3) original
    4) Trial by Jury.

3. SHAKIRALOVER

SHAKIRALOVER What's a Dremel?

I do like the other ones, but it took SVU about 4 years to get here, hopefully this one wont take as long.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

spot on

5. MrOrange99

yes, that seems to be the general concensus....

I have high hopes for Trial by Jury in its premise. I hope I like it

6. MrOrange99

Is that generally the time it takes to get over ? that's a BLOODY long time, heheheh

7. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

I don't watch this kind of programming usually, but in the second episode, my mother and father had walk on parts in the police station. Being obligated to watch against my will, I saw two episodes waiting for their appearance. This was without a doubt the worst 2 hours ever spent watching TV. If it wasn't for the fact that I TiVo'ed the episodes and only saw about 2 minutes of their parts, I would have gone on a six state shooting spreee just to relieve the tennsion. :eeek:

Assuming it is the same shows we had in the states then I wold caution you not to watch without a stiff drink. My two cents.

8. MrOrange99

WOW! It sounds like you had a bad time, hehehe. What some people like in a show, others can't stand. I am interested if it was the too "Detailed" or was it just bad acting? What exactly was so bad?

9. MrOrange99

Well, tonight is the night I'll find out if TBJ is any good.
    If its casualty of ratings or a big ol' bomb.....
    I am hoping that its GOOD!

I'll have to get back to this thread and post my first impressions.

10. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

All around bad. The script was horrible and the plot was completely unbelievable. The acting was OK but only as good as the script which I already mentioned. I think it survived 3 episodes in the states, but I can only comment on the two I fast forwarded through.

You are definitely correct, not my cup of tea. I would have not enjoyed it no matter how good the plot, script or acting was, but this was just bad.

11. MrOrange99

ouch, heheh...

well....I loved it.
    It is bittersweet because I know its only one season, but I will be watching religiously from now on. Bebe is brilliant in this role as well...
    I don't know why it didn't get ratings, it seems like it is going to get better with each episode.

12. MrOrange99

wow, I am just stunned that this show was cancelled. The more I watch, the more I have been scratching my head...