1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 6 Jul 2004.

1. vts

vts What's a Dremel?

just ordered an ATI radeon 7000 PCI from Ebuyer. - £24

well its cheaper than a 2nd hand one off ebay!! just hope this works!

2. ag3nt_7

ag3nt_7 What's a Dremel?

Well i finally got this mod TO WORK WELL. Once I realised i needed to run a PAL resolution I could get a full screen picture, and it actually looks pretty good, will have to do some micro fidling to get a sexy sexy picture quality but for now videos look great.

I was just wondering how people have gone installing 2 video cards in their PC. I have a Geforce 6600gt and I was just wondering if anyone knows that a Matrox Mystique will also work along side it, or will windows just bitch? If its not gonna work ill relent and built the CSync circuit, but for now just wondering how people have gone with 2 cards.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I've decided to go to S-Video as my graphics card in windows refuses to work with the psone screen unless I use a vga dummy.

So I've cut up a spare s-video cable and have 4 wires:

yellow
    blue
    white
    brown

Which wire connects to what on the wires which previously connected to the vga on the graphics card.

EDIT: Ignore that, I've got another plan up my sleave, hopefully that will work.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2005
  4. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I've now got my PS1 Screen, although its a different layout and im lost.

Heres a few pictures, any help would be good im desprate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

Also, I went to my local electrionics shop, they didnt have any 7.5v 750mA poweradapters, Although they had 500 + 800mA 7.5 adpaters, would those work fine?

Last edited: 12 Dec 2005
  6. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for this ive spent half a yeay trying to work this out with out any help.
    (stupid dislexic google)

7. Thos

Thos What's a Dremel?

Maybe someone out there would like to hear this:

Card: nvidia gforce fx5200 ultra

Did not use CSync circuit. Instead, I soldered HSync and VSync to the LCD's CSync pin. IT WORKS (after tinkering, of course)!!!

Now I will try to see if the comp recognizes it on startup by soldering VGA pins 4 and 11 to ground.

Here's a question for nvidia users: how can I enable clone mode (more like mirroring)? My usual means of doing so (when I have a VGA monitor and TV hooked up) is through the nview software, but when I have the LCD and TV hooked up, I don't get that option popping up for some reason... probably because resolutions are different now. If anyone knows how I can do this, please help. Thanks.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2005
  8. ZeluR

ZeluR What's a Dremel?

It's look like you have got a Thrustmaster LCD, I've got mine working, see my post.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=103008

Don't give up - Good Luck.

Cheers

9. ag3nt_7

ag3nt_7 What's a Dremel?

I soldered the H and V sync together and it didnt seem to change ANYTHING for me, i still had the same dodgy as, never going to work, picture. What sort of tinkering, or do you just mean in powerstrip?

10. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

I've got my PS1 LCD Screen working.

But the screen is rolling, and its very green.

Also, the lcd only works when you boot up with another second mointor then switch to the ps1lcd.

Any help would be great :sigh: :wallbash: :duh: :waah:

Last edited: 13 Dec 2005
  11. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Epia M10K

I Have mine working on composite on my EPIA MB (IN LINUX) however i cannont go duel screen with a tft (boo) anyho
    Whats the resolution/hsync/vsync values for the screen?

12. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

Ok Ive got a better picture now, however, it still won't detect as a secondary mointor unless I hotswap from another mointor?

Since its a PAL Thrustmaster, maybe I have to do that 5v+ trick? If so how would I go about that?

13. ZeluR

ZeluR What's a Dremel?

I guess it will never detect your PS1 as a secondary monitor. I recomend you to get a second card, then it will not be any problems for windows to detect it, still you must have PowerStrip running.

I've tried the +5V, and it didn't helped me at all, couldn't see any different with it or without it.

This is what I tried
    VGA Pin 9 <--------------------> LCD Pin 10 +5V

Cheers

14. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

12V > 7.5V adapter

Has anyone got there computer to power the monitor via the 12V > 7.5V car adapter?

15. MrWillyWonka

Yes, it's simple connect the postive to 12v molex and the gnd to gnd molex after cutting off the plug :)

16. Springs

Springs Boing boing

dont suppose someone can help me.... ive just got mine the other day :D wired it up this evening and i can turn it on via the 5v line... now how do i get a picture on it? i have a radeon 9250 and the monitor is connection to the vga port and an active s-video cable to my tv so i can see whats happening..... and ideas??

17. brinx38

brinx38 What's a Dremel?

Hello, ordered my LCD today and want to mount it into two 5.25" dirve bays..
    I just need to know if the ribbon cable from the LCD itself to the PCB can be detached at both ends.. I think this 30 pin cable could be used as an extension https://secure.lumenlab.com/shop/group.php?id=6
    If not, how do you guys go about extending the ribon cable?
    THANKS..

18. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

whats the power drawn by the screen from the psu?
    (i need to know because om on an itx system)
    Arg my sony screen is blurry but i havent modded the screen yet.

19. MrWillyWonka

You know I can't make head nor tail about the s-video thing, I've tried everything but can't get it to work, I think I might be doing something wrong, after looking through pages and pages of this thread more than once and looking on other sites I can't get anything.

I have the following connectors:

[​IMG]

Am I missing anything?

First, what do I connect to what? And where on the PSOne screen do I connect this to?

20. Springs

Springs Boing boing

any ideas on my situation?

Tags: Add Tags