1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Beautiful tube routing. Thats the best I`ve ever seen. Congrats man. That thing looks marvelous. :rock:

2. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Thanks, it took me a lot of time to figure out the best way to root all the hoses. I wanted to use nice curves because it fits well in the theme of the case. Wasn't an easy job because I watercool 2 hardisks, 2 PSU's, 2 graphic cards, mosfets, CPU and the northbridge. It was quite a puzzle, because I also needed to add T-fittings at the lowest point of each loop for the draining system. Tomorrow I will fill the system with water.

3. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

You have some of the best skills I've ever seen, absolotely amazing, this better get on the homepage :thumb:

4. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

BTW, the pics would do your great work more justice if they had a little less noise. If you are using a digital camera, put it on tripod and set sensor sensivity to the lowest value (ISO50, ISO100 or like) and you will get a lot less noise :).

5. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I'm a better modder then a photographer I guess Zds :blush: I use a very old digital camera, but don't worry when the case is finished a professional photographer will take shots of the case. Don't have money to buy a better camera, all my money is in the case :hehe:

6. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Looks real sweet Franklin, hope the leak test goes ok. :)

Are you planning to add any UV dye etc to the loop?

7. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

First I fill the loops with water and a corrosion protector. I will add the UV fluid later when the PSU's are running so I can add the dye while all the lights are on. Then I will be able to see how much dye is needed and whether I have used enough leds.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Dec 2005
  8. invalid

invalid What's a Dremel?

Jeez thats a beast!

9. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Agreed...I've never seen anyone fill a full tower that much before :eek:

10. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

11. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

I spy a mod worthy of the front page.

Keep throwing pics our way Franklin :D.

12. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Best looking and sleekest Water-Cooling layout I've ever seen. Awesome.

13. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

Really top knotch system you got goin there. Your imagination rules you, doesn't it? :)
    I just feel really bad for you if you ever have to change out the motherboard. Now THAT will be a headache. :p

14. n00b

n00b What's a Dremel?

How did I sleep on this?! Excellent work! I usually get bored of the myriad of silver watercooling aluminum cases.. but this is unique!

15. fingers

fingers What's a Dremel?

Got to love quiet days in the office, gives you a chance to stumble accross works of art like this ... kind of annoying as well as I'm now thinking my watercooling looks really messy and needs sorting out lol.

Good job :thumb: *subscribed*

16. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Thanks guys and G-gnome it isn't hard to guess what mod gave me inspiration for this colourscheme, is it?

I ran into a small problem when I was filling the system. Water where it wasn't supposed to be :duh: Not much cause I had just started. I had to disassemble the pump in the uppercompartment, because it looked like that was the place where it was coming from. You never guess what was the problem, the O-ring in the pump was missing. :wallbash: I never checked it, didn't think I had to, because it was a brand new pump. Mailed Eheim and they will send me new O-rings. Have to wait for the O-ring before I can try to fill the system again.

At this moment I have time to make some sketches for the windowin the side panel. Still doubt whether I should go for the simple design or that I should add some "decoration". These sketches will help me decide.

17. customh

customh conflagration.

What sketches?

18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I just joined today, and I have been waiting for a while to say, but this mod is simply amazing, very tide and organized, keeping it all slick and clean looking with the Lian Li case, amazing. 3 hours of reading this thread is totally worth it.

19. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

First of all, welcome to the Bit-tech fourum Brett89. Amazing that people read the whole projekt log, it has become so large in one year. Thanks for the compliment.

@ Customholle: Sketches I've made to decide what the window will look like in the endresult. I always make sketches of everything I want to make, I find it easier to take a descision that way. But I think you mean that you want to see those sketches.

20. customh

customh conflagration.

True story Franklin