1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics converting my cell to AA

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Lrr, 27 Dec 2005.

1. Lrr

Lrr What's a Dremel?

well the battery on my cell phone craped out recently and id like to replace it with "AA" batteries. I have almost no idea to go about this, well i know how i dont know what. Its a samsung sch-3500 phone,and the battery is 3.6v thats what i know right now. I have the skill to do this just not the knolage, or a multimeter. what shuld i know when transplating batteries like this, as far as volts, amps, watts, and so forth? any help would be mutch appreceated.

2. iamnafets

iamnafets What's a Dremel?

Mmm...first... buy a multimeter. You're going to make it 10x more difficult doing it any other way, not to mention risking your phone. They sell for like $10 or however many pounds at your local electronics store. No big deal.

3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

But first, why try to fit 3 x AA? New Li-ion cell packs made for that phone are only a few dollars on eBay, with built-in charge control. :confused:

4. iamnafets

iamnafets What's a Dremel?

For that matter entirely...new cell phones sell for only a few dollars on eBay, probably with more features than your current one (ha cpemma!)

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Come to that, I resurrected a "dud" phone battery with the split-second charge from a car battery described here.
    :thumb: WFM

6. Lrr

Lrr What's a Dremel?

I have a newer cellphone that i could activate, but id like to give this a shot first. I am rather fond of the old phone. And why not try putting in AA, I dont particularaly want to spend the money on a new battery, and i think it would be dreadful handy to have a phone that accepts 'standerd' batteries.

7. Lrr

Lrr What's a Dremel?

troble is the old battery got a little frozen and ballooned out a bit whitch leeds me to belive its more than just being old.

8. Confused Fishcake

Confused Fishcake Minimodder

But are you still going to be rather fond of you phone when it triples in size? It will get a lot heavier too.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

And you'll have to keep buying AA's for it all the time. Buy a new Li-Ion batt. for it dude. :\