1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

God damn, this case is really cool! I cant express my feelings to this project, looks awesome! :thumb: :D

Like that logo and your tube work, and all the stealthing!
    I looked over the whole log, and noticed that you have some really expensive ****, how can you afford this? :p

Dj Ovin

2. Immy

Immy What's a Dremel?

I have been lurking around these forums for years and dont post often, but this is my new favourite case of all time. Keep up the good work ;)

3. htm_elle

htm_elle What's a Dremel?

One of my fav projects. Keep up the good work!

4. rhysmodder

rhysmodder What's a Dremel?

can we have some more photos? I cant help lying in suspence...

5. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Problem with the pumps is solved. Eheim gave me two new O-rings for free. Thanks guys. First loop is filled now with water. Had some help from a little friend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

6. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

haha cool! :D

7. Thadeez

Thadeez What's a Dremel?

This reminds me of the time we found a dead bird, and some birdshit on our server (yeah it was laying around for a while...). The serverroom at that location had only 1 way in that was open, the ventillation shaft...

well anyway, it all looks nice and tight, good news you got your system going :)

8. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Today I started soldering the relais, this relais makes the two PSU's start up almost simultaniously. Soldering the wires from the first PSU to the relais.

[​IMG]

And here the PS_on and a black wire from the second PSU.

[​IMG]

If nothing goes wrong today I hope to be able to fire up the system for the first time today. Only will have to place a couple of temperature sensors and solder the leds from the reservoirs in.

9. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

b a bugger if your mobo was DOA :(, all that water cooling would take ages to rip out, but lets all corss our fingers and hope it aint. This project is reaslly nice bud, and i think you may win the worklog competition cuz of it

Phl

10. Hellboy787

Hellboy787 What's a Dremel?

PRAGTIG Man!!!! one of the best MODS I have seen!!!!

11. olle

olle What's a Dremel?

Looking really nice!!
    One question: That Board with all Led connections, how do u power that up?!?
    Going to be many cables if u going to use a Molex supply?!

12. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

J-chill I use two seperate waterloops.

The board with connections gets its power from just one molex. I split the power with four switches. One wire from every switch to one seperate group on the board. I made four groups so I can turn of and 4 groups of leds.

Almost right Hellboy787 prachtig :D Thanks Hellboy787

A bit late, but today I send a photo to A.C. Ryan for the worklog contest, the gallery. This one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Dec 2005
  13. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Your so-close Franklin. It's a bit "nerve-racking" just prior to firing-up a machine you have put soo many man hours into (with excellent results, I might add). Best of luck. I hope all goes well.. :thumb:

14. Goth

Goth What's a Dremel?

yummi :D ! you have given me so much ideas for my first mod! very-very nice case.
    im considering that i might buy an Lian-Li case too :)

15. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Sorry no pictures yet. I didn't test the motherboard before I installed it because that was somewhat difficult with the watercooled PSU's, but now I wished I had done so. I encountered a problem that is not unique for the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe. No bootup at all, only the green powerup led lights up, but nothing more, no beep, nothing. I tried everything. Other PSU, one DIMM and everything you could possibly do, but nothing. I hope to get a new motherboard this week.

Didn''t waste time though, cause I started working on my next project. Will start a worklog in about 2 months. First get this damn thing to work.

16. nyzrox

nyzrox What's a Dremel?

man that sucks, i always test hardware first, you have been working on the project for so long, can you not RMA?

17. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

I suppose you have tested the cpu seprately? a few fx-55s were known to come doa.

18. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I don't have another board that fits the FX-55, but I'm quite sure it is the ASUS board. It just doesn't post, a problem that occurs quite often with the A8N-SLI. Seen so many people on different fora with the same problem. Tomorrow I will have the replacement ( not the Deluxe but the Premium )so I can get on with AlumaxX.

I can test the new board with a PSU I already bought for my next mod :naughty: I will start building the next case ( building it from scratch ) when I've finished the room that will be my "modroom". No modding in the kitchen anymore.

19. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

Does it post at all?

I had a similar problem with my A8N-SLI Deluxe when it was new; I had to iterate half a dozen times with reset switch to have it boot, cold or warm. I flashed BIOS when new ones came out and even rebuilt the whole machine with minimal parts to the table, out from the chassis. Didn't help. I took it to warranty service, they tested and said "works fine", and indeed, from that on it has worked fine :eek:. And yes, exactly the same board..

20. Liquid

Liquid What's a Dremel?

to heavy for me...

but a damm god project :D :thumb:

many, many details... that´s nice :jawdrop: :clap: :clap: