1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V My subwoofer makes a wierd noise..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkLord7854, 31 Dec 2005.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

This started a while ago, but recently it's gotten worse. I think what it is, is that the cord plugged into the subwoofer gets loose making a rather wierd noise that doesn't sound good at all. Usualy I'd just play around, pushing the connector in the back into a different position and it would work but recently it hasn't really been working anymore... Any help would be appreciated..

2. pat1

pat1 What's a Dremel?

There is probably a short somewhere... you could open it up and check it out

3. DarkLord7854

Ah.. And if there is what can I do?

4. dom_

dom_ --->

what sub, what connector etc. pics? can you access behind the plug? tried a different cable?

5. pat1

pat1 What's a Dremel?

depends if you can fix it or not... you could take it to a repair shop or get a new one

6. DarkLord7854

It's a logitech ZR-340: http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review479.html

It's the cable that goes from the speaker with the power/volume buttons to the sub, thick black cable, can only be disconnected on one end, so I can't try a different cable.

7. dom_

dom_ --->

so the wire is hard wired into the sub?

if so only way your going to fix it is to remove the grill then the bass driver and then try and see if anything is loose etc inside.

or....
    send it back under warranty?

8. DarkLord7854

Warrenty is expired, couple months ago, the wire is only hardwired into one of the satelite speakers, I think what it is is that the subwoofer plug is faulty :(

9. DarkLord7854

Ok well I opened it up and I tested the cord, aparently the little ends in the cables aren't fully touching the connectors in the subwoofer end and making it sound like there's air in the sub going through the speaker (I guess thats what it sounds like).