1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

_______miniG5ized_______:23 of March. `06

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by FanatiK, 28 Sep 2005.

1. skeletor

skeletor modder in the making.

very nice, very clean look, love the fan grill idea, almost hides the fact that theres fans there.

and the frosting really adds to the look i think. just gives it more of a "professional" look i guess, but very nice. :thumb:

2. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

love your latest update - it's really taking shape now!

3. gar

gar Minimodder

Coming along nicely. At first I was not sure how this mod would go, but it looks like you've got the artistic tempremat to pull it off! Good show!

4. phenix

phenix What's a Dremel?

your great at this.. the cuts on the plexi are all perfect awesome stuff man.. :dremel:

5. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Not much of an update today. I did a lot of clean up work. Like filing edges and sanding things.

Here is the back fan sanded and polished. I also got the fan blades painted silver but forgot to take the pic of it assembled.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn`t get much done because this showed up in the mail. I was going to use it as a sidekick to this case but its just too big. I`m going to put another pc in it. I`m going to polish the inner shell with the bench grinder I got for christmas. :D :D I just need to purchase polishing wheels for it. Just imagine the inside polished to a mirror finish. I get all giddy just thinking about it. Oh yea I will need to get rid of that apple.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my bench grinder minus the polishing wheel. Hopefully I don`t get too distracted by my new case.
    [​IMG]

6. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Thanx guys.
    Very small update this time around.

7. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: O. M. F. G. That is amazing! Jaysus, I thought the towers looked ok stock. But now... just... wow. I want... *grabs* Mine! :D Seriously though, that's amazing. I mean... c'mon! B E A UTIFUL! About the cube, if you want no apple logo, here's a removing guide. http://cubeowner.com/kbase_2/index.php?page=index_v2&id=11&c=20
    Keep modding the amazing way! *whistles* No artistic bones in my body.

8. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Looking good. The cubes are ace too. Very tight fit to squeeze anything inside them though. Even mini-itx, it requires some tweaking to get the mobo in.
    There's my log of my cube mod here www.gordyhand.co.uk/maccube.htm

9. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

the frosted plexi front looks amazing! The top fan grill is very nice as well, an improvement over the previous one. Can't wait to see it frosted as well :thumb:

10. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

K today no actual modding was done but the rewards of modding was achieved. :D

First I had to see how good the bench grinder does at polishing. So i went out to sears and bought a 6in polishing wheel with two compounds, It came out pretty darn good. Only the middle was polished hence the sanding marks on the edges. I can`t wait till I start polishing that G4 cube.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally here is what I wanted to show you guys. I went and brought a spare psu because I just wanted to see how the front looked lit up with the leds from the fan controller. My jaw dropped when it lit up too. :D I don`t mean to sound arrogant but even I have to admit it freaking looks awesome. :D These pics were taken in a semi-lit room. Imagine how it`ll look in a dark room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

updated

12. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

When you say you need to get rid of the apple do you mean the cube case or the inners?

If so ill be interested in the shell.

13. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

I meant the logo on the shell. I need to cut it out or something. Sorry I didnt mean it to seam like i wanted to sell it. I just got it and its for a future project.

14. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

hehe dakn you *shakes fist* :p

so how much you get it for?

15. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

$40 usd shipped. Awesome deal. It has its scuff marks but nothing sandpaper and novus cant take out.

16. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

nice, where from?

i can only find £200 on ebay.co.uk, but thats with the guts, all i want is the shell

17. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Got it from a forum member on anandtech.

18. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Sorry guys but for some reason my server is acting up. If the pics don`t load just keep reloading the page.

19. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Keep looking as they do come up cheaper thats where I got mine :)

20. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

Quick question: What epoxy did you use to adhere the aluminum panels to the inside of the acrylic parts? I need to do something similar in my project and I've never used anything other than solvents.

Fabulous work so far.