1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ATI snaffles Macci

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 5 Dec 2005.

1. warlockza

warlockza FirstZoom.tv

Well the head ABIT engineer usually has a list of features of upcoming chipsets and they go through them together and decide which they should implement. What the focus should be is gaming. He doesn't design or structure the board from an engineering standpoint. But he does say what he thinks is good. His input helps us design the board according to his needs, and of course we include our other features that made ABIT famous. The bottom line is that he does influence the design directly and his name is not just a stamp we put on the board. All our other boards are very different from the Fatal1ty board, and will be more so as time goes on. Its focus is pure gaming, nothing else, and the gaming end-user will benefit from this.

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

Hi Peter, good to see you here! :thumb:

Tim

3. warlockza

warlockza FirstZoom.tv

I Wonder....

Thanks Tim, no worries, These blokes are speaking some sense I see. Good points and valid questions. On that note, I'd be glad to hear from anyone about ABIT issues they may have. Of course I would prefer praise, but beggars cant be choosers.:)
    Back on topic, If Macci had a say in the chipset design and performance issues, then everyone benefits from buying the product. If he didn't but it is an awesome chipset, then I have to say he is good at marketing.

Would anyone consider buying a board from ABIT for instance, where an overclocking group of experts had designed not only the layout, but the specs and feature set as well?
    Feedback would be awesome.

4. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

At the end of the day what determines whether or not I buy a motherboard is its componet quality, feature list and overclocking potential. I would not buy a board just because x designed it.

BUT by getting in a group of overclockers to design and spec a board, it would almost certainly result in a motherboard that has everything I am looking for (if done properly) so no doubt I would buy it. However, this is only on the merit of the quality of the finished board, not how you got there.

I hope that makes sense, it's early :worried: :p

5. Sikpupi

Sikpupi What's a Dremel?

I can tell you that after meeting Sami several times I would buy anything with his name on it. He helped me out when my daughter dropped my 6800GT (PCI-Ex) on the floor and trashed it. The card was brand new on the market and he didn't have to pull a few strings to arrange a replacement but he did.

As for the Fata1ity guy he has a face I wouldn't get tired of punching :duh:

6. BTRY B 529th FA BN

BTRY B 529th FA BN What's a Dremel?

So do we expect a macci edition of the A8R32 or this is it!?!

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

How about a request?

I've got an AT7 (the original one) in my fileserver and I love it. How about a 939/940 version? While I'm dreaming, I'd like it to have:

PS/2 but not legacy parallel ports
    Gigabit ethernet
    6 rear, plus at least 4 internal USB ports
    at least 6 SATA2 ports
    onboard SCSI channel
    PCIe slot (Dual would be nice, but one is fine)

I applaud Abit for making somthing totally different in the AT7 and I hope you keep it alive. :clap: :thumb:

8. customh

customh conflagration.

bah, i dont like this stuff going to red, the green guys need to kick it in the pants so their dual card systems dont get killed buy ati. Maybe a bit of an nvidia guy but hey i like thieir cards better and no stupid outside link cable that limits the number of monitors i can have.

9. DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER What's a Dremel?

Props to the Abit rep for taking the time to enlighten us concerning Fatal1tys' role in product development :thumb: I don't think most of us understood the extent to which he is involved, and thought more in terms of a celebrity/athlete endorsement.

On a humorous note, I will know cyberathletics have arrived when I see them on a wheaties box :D

Tags: Add Tags