1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweet Mother Of Burnout. New Screenies That Are... OMG!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mookboy, 28 Nov 2005.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

2. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Needs AA.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Port, that's the problem.

It does look very very nice, but there's still heres and theres that need improvement.

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

:D Looks nice!

Being Burnout, you would have to see it running to get the full effect.

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Imagine those cars, but flipping out and exploding all over the place. Looking tre nice if you ask me.

6. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Yep :) This is an exciting prospect. More exciting than most of the launch titles IMO.

The real treat will come when the first proper 360 one is released. Think of all the extra physics processing they have at disposal.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

How much do you wanna bet thats not In-game footage? More like intro film? ;)
    Not to put a downer on it! heh, I bet the graphics will still be good :p

8. Nottheking

Nottheking What's a Dremel?

I can tell that those screenshots are clearly in-game. I can notice the effects of limited video RAM, and other corners that had to be cut to get it to fit. At any rate, still impressive, even though the texture detail on the cars themselves left a little bit to be desired... Perhaps they should've added a detail map (unless I didn't detect it) to simulate the grain of the paint and metal? It doens't use up much power and memory, but it helps offset limitations of actual detail cuts.

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Let's not get carried away. It's an impressive work in progress so let's not bash it just yet dude.

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I wasn't exactly bashing! Sorry if it looked that way.
    Just on my way home from work, I went to the Xbox360 stand in PCworld, and played some video demos. The Ghost Recon one, is so poor. Theres about 5% Gameplay shots, 30% crap, and the rest is just film clips. :/ bah!

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

LOL I meant the other guy before me! Nevermind... check out the recent gameplay vid from GRAW. Looks SWEET.

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

;) Hehe no probs!
    The PGR3 demo looked nice, but wasn't in HD so nowhere near as nice as it could be :(

13. Chobbler

Chobbler Running with a Spoon

i saw the game running, it certainly isn't a movie and it looks ace moving. it took me ages to realise it wasn't a movie. Your right though, some of the games need work, but what do oyu expect from first gen games! they'll get better. So far i've been impressed, although definatly room for improvement.

my boss keeps telling me to stop hugging the xbox display...he won't even let me have a look at the 10 we have in the safe....something about not wanting them nicked

14. Nottheking

Nottheking What's a Dremel?

I wasn't trying to bash it. My main point was to try to illustrate that indeed, these would be in-game screenshots, or ones that could very easily be done in-game. I just happen to have the kind of eye that can spot things like that even in the most awesome-looking of upcomming games such as Gears of War; I don't mean it as an insult to their quality in any way. And make no mistake, this IS one of the best-looking next-gen racers I see. Mabye not quite as good as PGR3, but pretty darn good and close to that. And I also know that in motion, things look only better.

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I saw a bunch of extra screens for this on (I think) Xboxyde, but EA made them remove them before I could get round to linking. There was one with a massive crash going on, sparks flying, the whole shebang. Looked mint.

16. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

17. Unified_Shaders

Unified_Shaders Banned

They look good but imagine if the game was actually made from the ground up for the 360, and not a xbox port.

This game has to be seen in motion for all 2 appreciate it.

18. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

arent you kind of contradicting yourself with those two parts of your comment? i dont really think they need to cut corners for a port of a last gen game. the biggest technical limitations that they will run into with a cross-gen port is dated game engine and unrefined code.

as for the game, looks impressive for a last gen port. if only this game was designed for the next gen then it would be more impressive by 10 fold.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2006
  19. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Observant maybe? Kind of like me, noticing extra things that other people don't see maybe it's just that I am a perfectionist or critic in some kind of a way, bit annoying sometimes but useful :p

20. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

id be happy with that on a console
    :D

Tags: