1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Motherboard tray to buy anywhere?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mysterae, 15 Jan 2006.

1. Mysterae

Mysterae What's a Dremel?

Hi there, I'm looking for a motherboard tray for my pc build, but can't find a supplier anywhere I look.

I've tried keeping a lookout on ebay for a lian li one, but nothing has come up so far.

I did get a case from a skip, but it was an AT type and the rear plate won't do. I did think about just buying a case with one and just chuck the rest, but I've limited myself to spending £30 on one, but nothing at that price has a removable tray.

So, does anyone know where I can get an ATX motherboard tray (with the card slots etc) or a case with a removable tray for under £30, in the UK?

JFYI, my mod is over at [H]ard|OCP here. I would have included my worklog in the Bit-Tech forum, but I don't like the way there is a separate thread for comments, sorry!

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Why not just get a cheap case from ebuyer / local PC shop and hack the tray out?

3. Mysterae

I tried that. My local Maplin and PCWorld had some cheap cases, £20 and £30, but they need so much modding and the metal was so thin! I know I could get better at that price, and somebody told me that I could get a Lian-Li tray for around the same price.

4. wajt

wajt What's a Dremel?

5. Mysterae

^^ That's exactly what I'm looking for, but haven't found anywhere in the UK that sell them! That or a cheap case!