1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Season 2 (obviously, possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2005.

1. fev

fev Industry Fallout

may

2. Cybertronic

Cybertronic What's a Dremel?

That's an awful long time :(

3. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

You sir are excellent :D:D

I didnt notice the flashbacks at all, its opened a few doors in the story maybe =)
    Thx for that! and well spotted!

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Late August Early September 2006.

ditto that! Were these frames extremely quick flashbacks or a few seconds long or what?

EDIT: Looked at the scene again and I see what you mean, gives a bit more emphasis on what the black smoke is about.

5. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Pretty dam quick flashes, only noticed a few of them after seeing the pictures. I'd of never noticed had no one said anything..

6. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=1084886&postcount=86

Like that? :p

Anyway, episode 10 was great, definitely one to bring my interest back to Lost.

Though did anyone else feel it was a bit of a let down to have a supernatural force involved? I can't see any way that a huge black cloud that destroys trees and blows stuff up can be natural, but this really leaves it open for the script writers to put in whatever they want, no matter how odd. At least if it was something man-made there would be a definite line of suspicion that people could follow. Maybe I'm just being picky. :D

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

The ads on Channel 4 said Spring 2006, so people may not have to wait too long :D

I don't have any issue with the supernatural stuff, I like stuff like that :)

8. MrWillyWonka

That soon? The FHM magazine reported late August September 2006!

After watching the trailers again, I'm intruiged about what they've said:

"They are not the survivors they thought they were".

Any thoughts?

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Not so much that, but now you've seen it up close it's not scary anymore.

10. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Yeh i saw that, but i assumed that it was to do with the tail people turning up, i.e. not the only survivors anymore.

Episode 10
    So as we are aware three people have seen the monster Charlie, Locke and Eko and the monster has started at two people Locke and Eko. It had a major affect on Locke he became more relaxed but was desperate to find out what was happening on the island, and believed that at least one of them was brought there for a reason ( Gonna have to say walt ). I wonder what it will do to Eko.
    Anyone wonder about the moster, what makes it kill some people but just stare at others?

11. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Not scary? Did you not see the freeze frames I uploaded? It reads people's minds! Not only that but it swallows people into ground and who knows for what reason.

I think it adds more personality to the island and makes it something more than just a weird place in the middle of the ocean.

I have to agree with Hex that supernaturalism can be good but it depends how the story pans out. It reminds me of a Stephen King film I saw a while ago called The Langoliers where a bunch of people on a plane wake up to find that everyone who was not asleep including the pilots have disappeared and when they land the airport is totally deserted. At that point I thought it was an awesome story until lots of evil furry creatures appeared and they started explaining the mysterious goings on with wormholes and time travel etc.

This smoke monster could turn out to be just part of the great unravelling mystery of the island but of course, we'll have to wait and see.

12. MrWillyWonka

If you go to maps.google.com and type in the numbers 4,8,15,16,23,42 and look down on the left to G, what a coincidence!

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

When it pops out the ground and growls and whips across the screen that's far scaryier than just zipping peoples minds and sucking them underground. I literally jumped out my seat when it first appeared again, then felt and overwhelming sense of let-down as Eko stood there and visually bitchslapped it.

14. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Say What Now?

15. MrWillyWonka

maps.google.com - the website, type in the lottery numbers, and there are details to:

Louisiana Lottery Corp
    555 Laurel St, Baton Rouge, LA
    (225) 297-2000

Weird.

16. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

After what happened to Mr. Eko, I think of the monster as the "demons" of our past. The monster, and to an extent the island itself, is causing the characters to think about certain defining moments of their past, and giving them an oppurtunity to heal. In Mr. Eko's case, he was able to accept his past, learn from it, and grow spiritually from the experiences. No longer haunted by the demons of those memories, he was able to stare down the monster. Locke is still coming to grips with his past, and is still trying to figure out how to grow in his own spritual way, therefore he was not able to just stare down the monster. I think that given enough time, Locke would have emerged a better man.

Just my 2 cents. :)

-monkey

17. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

From what i remember Locke did stare down the monster fairly early on in the first series, and then another time he actually goes to find it (the time where he is nearly dragged down the hole)

18. seebul

seebul Minimodder

19. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Havent seen that before..have you seen the merchandise? you can get the icon from the hatch computer on a t-shirt :D

Ice

20. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.