1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Help!! Pro Evo 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Zach, 3 Jan 2006.

1. Zach

Zach What's a Dremel?

before i go on, a little history, id like to consider myself a natural gamer, ive been able to pick up games ten mins later beat a lot of ppl who have played a lot more often on them, ive not played a football game since fifa 02, and back then, i was pretty hot, so i finally decided to see wht all the hype was about pes 5.

i got it for PC, first impressions, i didnt think it was all that, they didnt even bother converting anything to make it a "PC" Game, low res text, no graphics options, externally set resolution etc, not even a mouse pointer for main menu, so i plugged in ye old controller, PS2 > PC, set everything up. i was good to go!

over a few days, and about 5 hours of game play in total i have only scored 2 goals in countless matches, so i did alll the training excersises, passed with relative ease, some were difficult, but these training exercises are so hard to implement in actual game scenarios.

i got vexd, why was i so **** at this game, wht was i doing wrong...

then i thought maybe theres a big diff with fifa games and pro evo games, so i got fifa 06, installed it, problems with my usb keyboard, it just didnt like it, after 10 mins, got the patch, installed keyboard fine, again same issues, no graphics options, just low med high, and resolutions, kinda whack! set up controller good to go!

played 10 mins of it today, cudnt stand the bloody crap graphics, wht the hell is wrong with the games industry, so what if its meant to be a console game if u decide to release it on pc, MAKE it pc friendly!!

so yeh i stopped playing it becus it was pretty similar to pro evo, shud i give up and always refuse pro evo challenges by mates and say "sorry i dont do football games..."

or can sum1 give me magical tips that will make me an AVERAGE pro evo player who can play pro evo game single player mode and progress in the leagues with at least a few wins...

thnx all for listening to my rant!

2. sgtpeppa

sgtpeppa What's a Dremel?

Errrm, play on 2* maybe? or just play online. 3* and above really are quite hard (I find 3 the hardest, they defend like champions), and I've only ever scraped 1-0s, endless scoreless draws though.

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Pro Evo requires a massive amount of practice to get even vaguely decent levels of skill. I've been playing these games since they started out as the old ISS games, and I'm still only a competent player.

The best place to hone those skills is in a player vs CPU league. Get a load of games under your belt as a really good team (Man Utd, Chelsea) and then progress from there. Concentrate on one particular aspect of the attacking game and get it so you can regularly score goals - for instance learn how to stick crosses in from the byline and head some goals. Then move onto something else. One thing with Pro Evo is that you will rarely end up with the sort of FIFA scorelines you might be used to. And nor will you score wild goals like you might in FIFA with a centrehalf, from your own penalty area. It's all about passing and crossing.

4. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

I got Pro Evo 5 for my PSP, I suck big time all over, but my major weakness is takling - for some reason my guys can never get the ball and I have to wait for them to mess up before I get it back... either that or I slide in, take the guy out and get sent off the pitch!

Hopefully a few more hours of game time and I'll be able to get somewhere!

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

pro evo is a hard game to play. Iv been playing pro evolution since it was out on the original PS. I bought all the versions upto 5 on the ps2. I can tell you for definate pro evo 5 is hard to score on.
    Its a great game and its hard to score because thats exactly how it is in real life, you need to work the space and lure players out through passing the ball around. The computer is natually hard on pro evo 5 because their reaction time is much better than real players . You need to practice against real players to understand how to play, the style of play for each player is different and it wont always work on the computer.
    Im a pretty good player at it, there was an iss pro evo 4 tournament at my mates school, he entered and beat off about 20+ players and won it, i later played him and beat him, our series however is overall pretty even so when i say all this its from experience.
    And pro evo is probably best on the ps2 with a few mates around, great game.

6. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

PES is a very good game and you may say it looks crap and stuff but I don't care it's all about gameplay for me.

I suggest you start with easy difficulty and then work your way up , use a decent team tottenham is actually not bad and once you get good use top teams like manutd, chelsea (have millions of super subs) etc so you get used to play with a crap team and play better.

Go in training and practise freekicks if you use a freekicker who curls around 19 to 22 metres use the weakest kick setting. Then around 22 to 25 use the fairly powerful setting. Anything above is the most powerful kick setting.

The point to remember is that you rarely need to bring the powerbar above the middle point if you use the different power settings correctly.

For corners to generate curve you use the arrow key of course but for example I press down to do a dipped curve so it hovers in the penalty box and power is crucial. To do this correctly I actually tap the cross button trice to get the power right. First tap is around 75 percent the second tap is 100 of course.

A tip for strikers is to try and lob the ball even though it's harder now and you really don't need to kick that hard at all if you're close to the keeper whacking is just gonna make it bounce of the keeper so use low power and or do a dummy shot and get around him.

The key of the game is to pass around alot and try to get the ball deep to the opponents side and to cross the ball in for easy headers just like real football.

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's a sweet game. Stick at it and it will just click. It can get quite infuriating at times but it can also be really rewarding. Like real football IMO.

Practice and practice more. 2* is a good way to get into it. 3* is hard as they seem to defend more and don't leave you any space to attack. 4* is easier than 3* once you get the hang of winning the ball, because they attack more which opens up spaces for you to play into.

Great series, great game. It's the footballers choice of football game IMO (although fifa is getting better)

8. Zach

Zach What's a Dremel?

wow, wht a game, completed 2 seasons, with liverpool on 1 star and 2 star, going to start 3 star now, need to know a few things though... whats the L2 button for in game, its special button of some sort, u press it and press X [] O /\ and it appears next to player name? wht is that used for... and i thought curling was L2 and R2 ??? isnt it? and dipping is with D Pad Down ???

thnx

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

tactics i believe - You can set certain styles of play based on the symbols and then activate it ingame. You set it in the formation settings though iv never used them.

Also the bars you see under the names are attacking and defensive levels - you can alter them manually when playing - i think you hold L2 and use the L1 or R1 buttons to use them ingame although im not sure - havnt played in a while.

10. poot

poot What's a Dremel?

3 star is too hard for me so i just turned it down to 2.
    maybe i will turn it back up one day

11. hitmanjr

hitmanjr What's a Dremel?

no what u mean

no what you mean i have played pro evo 5 on both PS2 and PC and its near impossible lol . it is well harder on PS2 though :p

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

It is basically a tactics button with a bind function go to formation settings in the menu bar during or before a game and then assign what tactic you want it to be.

I don't think if you're playing 1 2 or 3 or even 4 star you need to worry about this function as you can just use the default strong attack or strong defend button settings.

It's more for 5 or 6 star players who want to make their team play exactly how they would like them to play.

I think it's L2 R1 to make attack stronger and L2 L1 to make defending stronger and the team to play deeper in your own half.

One tip of PES5 is since it's getting more and more realistic it's obviously a good start if you understand how different countries play football and their different styles and maybe incorporate them into your own games...

An example is that England play rough attacking football with lots of tackling and long passes so you might want to set your forwards to be playing very far up and have players who are able to do accurate long passes to them to create chances.

I think the best style to integrate to your game is argentinian football as it's very dynamic and incorporates alot of styles and dribbling and constant attacking and pounding of the other sides defence. However it leaves gaps for the other team to counter-attack.

These are just some tips the best one is to keep practicing with real players or computers as with most things in life...

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Anyways anyone interested in playing Online against each other but Pro Evolution Soccer FOUR not FIVE because my 5 somehow keeps crashing and yeah doesn't work basically ... so if you're interested reply here or PM me :)

14. the.bt.guy

the.bt.guy What's a Dremel?

Am going to give you all the info youll ever need to win on pro evo 5 on ps2. i take it its the same for pc though.

Lets start with formations-

Change your formation to a 3-4-3 edit position with your right striker out on the farest out upfront position, the other 2 in the 18 yard box. midfield in a dimond back 3 flat now copy to formation a and b.

you have three key formations one for attacking (formation A) and one for defending (formation B)

go into formation A and select the right attacker go into attack and attack to the right (towards the corner flag). left and right winger to attack to straight along the wings leave the rest.

go into formation B and place the 3 defenders along the 18 yard line with the wingers between the 18 yard box and the half way line but on the wings, with the other midfielders in the middle of the wingers and still in the dimond, strikers where they where.

now back to your first 3-4-3 put the strikers in a close line so on one can see him out on the far out right.

Now stratagies-

go into strat/manual/and put (circle) next to Formation A and (box) for formation B, put (X) next to offside and (triangle) next to attack center. now when you are playing you have three formations- normal, attacking (hold L2 and press box) the right attacker will sprint for his life for that corner flag, and defend the same as attack but defence close in more. when there is a free kick against you continuasly hold L2 and press X to push your defence out for the offside trap. thats the basics cannae feel arsed wirting anymore gonna go on for a game ma name online is J1E_2k6 and al be on most nights eng 1 lobby 5.

15. the.bt.guy

the.bt.guy What's a Dremel?

pre evo free kicks

when taking a free kick hold in up on direction pad shoot to power bar goes just half way to clear the wall and as bar fills push left or right depending on what side your on, you want to go for the top corner away from the keeper.

when the free kicks are agenst you hold L2 and keep pressing X to push your defence out and press O to get the wall to charge down the kick.

holding R2 in defence will make your player face the ball and will result in less free kicks.

I HAVE ALSO SCORED FROM THE CORNER SPOT IN A 2 PLAYER MATCH PURE LUCK BUT THEY ALL COUNT.

i have also found that when trying to select a defender or trying to get the comp to close down attacker it tends to select a player behind the attacker to best way to aviod this is not to let him past you SNAP THE F**KER.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2006
Tags: