1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox screwup?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 69X, 17 Jan 2006.

1. 69X

69X What's a Dremel?

this is my first time posting in a really long while, ive been more of a reader, for a while now. I need some help. Me and my dad took apart an XBox for a friend. for obvious reasons which will not be talked about. When my dad went to solder a connection, the R2G10 Resistor fell off. I searched on the net for the rating, and its 100 ohms, I went and got a replacement one at radioshack afterwards. now the problem is, we checked the connection points with a multimeter, and where the previous resistor used to be, it seems to be dead, the multimeter doesnt pick up any activity, like the little trails on the motherboard of it got burned off by the soldering iron or something? ive been trying to find an electrical schematic, or readout, of the xbox motherboard, to figure out what to fix, but I havent been lucky in doing so. Im not sure if thats the correct name for it in english, I only know the name of it in russian. Its basically, a black and white map of the electrical circuits, i dont know any other way of explaining it. so yeah, If anyone could find that, or suggest What to do in this situation, please respond, or email me, alex739@gmail.com

2. seebul

seebul Minimodder

this probably belongs in electronics forum??

3. lanester

lanester What's a Dremel?

Are you measuring the points where the resistor used to be? if so you will not get a reading.

If you were using a soldering iron with a large tip/ left it on too long, you could have lifted the copper off the board. therfore you would have to repair the link with link wire.

Have you got a picture of the actual area?

4. 69X

69X What's a Dremel?

thanks for the help, lanester, that is what actually had happened i believe, a friend of my dad's, at his work place, used a much better soldering iron with a fine tip and replaced the resistor and it works fine now.

Tags: