1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

It doesn't post at all. Tonight I get the board that is going to replace it.

2. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

any luck?

3. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I got the new A8N-SLI Premium board and it works fine. Tested it with my new Hiper PSU ( bought it for my next mod ) Too make sure it wasn't one of the two watercooled PSU's that caused the problem I also tested the new board with both PSU's and no problem, both work fine. That was the good news so far. Taking apart the upper compartment to remove the old Deluxe board takes more time then expected. I have to be careful not to damage anything and I will have to remove all the tubing without using to much force, because I will have to use these hoses again when installing the new board. I don't have any pieces left and damaging one would mean I would have to order some new tubing. I think modding and problems just belong together. I just had to take some days of rest and no modding. I've got a lot of patience, but sometimes you just have to step back for a while and let it rest for a couple of days. I couldn't think straight anyway because my mind was with someone else, damn why didn't I ask her phonenumber :waah:

Because the modding virus has infected me pretty serious, I used the time to work on the plans for the next mod. God what does that Hiper PSU look good :rock: Next mod will be quite different from AlumaxX. No green in the next case. I will have to order loads of plexi to build the case. It will be completely handmade.

4. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

Glad to hear the board fires up, such a pain when " desent " hardware fails without warning.

And in reagards to your next case mod, you've set such a large marker with AlumaxX, i cant begin to imagine how sleak and funky the next mod will be.
    Highly looking forward to it Franklin.

bring on th efront page i say !

5. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

I could not have said it any better, so I quoted huren :). Doing it yourself form the scratch with your skills is deemed to produce something worth watching carefully.

6. customh

customh conflagration.

Cant wait to see the next mod, looking forward to it.. the hiper in itself just makes me drool, what youre gonna do around that we all cant imagine... Pics of the case with board installed soon?

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

:rock: :rock: :rock:
    N-O-W!!!

8. Gaoske

Gaoske What's a Dremel?

This should be THE mod to conquer Ediejo here in the Netherlands! Makes me proud to be
    DUTCH
    DUTCH
    DUTCH as well :D :thumb:

Really found this project @ it's start, but never read everything :blush: . Trying to read everything now.. :p

9. perplekks45

Shame on you then!

10. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Finished reconnecting all the hoses. Just filled the loop with water and I will let it run a for night so all the air can get out of the system. Tomorrow will be the big day, I will try to start it up for the second time. Now I will take a bath and go out to watch a soccer game and drink a couple of beers, not as many as usual because that would mean I wouldn't be able to work on the mod untill the late afternoon tomorrow.

11. perplekks45

Don't get drunk dude! We want to see this bitch powered up!!
    Actually can't wait to see the "It's alive!!!!!11one" post to show up... finally. :)
    Been a long way but imo this is one of THE projects on Bit-Tech.net.
    Congratulation to you for making one of the best projects ever.
    And now get to bed so I can see the pics up tomorrow at like 10 am. :D

12. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

I've run into you a few places before, fabulous work as usual. I'm anticipating the professional images and if you need any advice on handmade plastic case construction drop me a message.

13. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

any updates - more pics - temps?

Phil

14. Jado

Jado What's a Dremel?

Hello guys,
    i see Franklin don't updated this thread but here you can read (if you understand dutch)
    that he has got some problems with the new mobo.(Franklin = waterkoud)
    It's not a problem that you can fix in 1-2-3, till the problem is fixed we just have to wait :duh:
    Greets

15. Ediejo

Ediejo What's a Dremel?

16. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Problems indeed. I was installing Windows XP and had already formatted my harddisks. Windows installation was at the point that it needed to restart the system........... it restarted as it should but no display any more.

I decided to wait a while before working on the problem. First I want to finish the sidepanel. Need to order some acrylic for the two windows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

WTF its amasing and looks similer to the orac pc yet completly different, well done :rock: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock:

18. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Wowza! How are the temps holding up in the BIOS? :)

19. customh

customh conflagration.

In the first pic where the PSU would be in a "normal" computer it looks like a jagged cut-- why? Otherwise it is beautiful..:rock: :jawdrop:

20. perplekks45

It's incredible how you managed to make it look so clean with all this stuff thrown in there. :jawdrop: