1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 or Xbox360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hitmanjr, 18 Jan 2006.

1. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

:hehe:

this guy cracks me up.

back to the point, hes right DS, the title was about the two consoles and of course you have to show your ignorance and biased nature without a seconds thought of an open mind to things you know little of.

back to the topic, if you were to play the games i own, you will see that regardless of what fanboys will say there are already must own titles on the 360. however ultimatly again, it will come down to your game preference.

2. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

God i wish there was a link on posts to report this crap to mods... :rolleyes: If a mod see's this you might want to check the IP of both unified and xenos..i'de bet they are the same person...and if you dont know xenos, your not allowed to have two accounts.

Btw, you do you know that was a suggestion right? My opinion eh? Why would i suggest the 360 when i dont like it..? Umm yea..i guess i am just too ignorant and know nothing about the 360..and thus i dont like it for my 'ignorance'. :rolleyes:

3. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

:duh:

4. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Minimodder

I'd wait to see what the PS3 is like as the 360 is as noisy as all hell and imho not worth all that.

(I would also sugest a DS over a PSP as a stopgap)

Before the fanboy rubbish starts I've owned a 360 from launch, much to my chagrin.

5. Unified_Shaders

Unified_Shaders Banned

Backed into the proverbial corner again, and all he can do is say that I am the same person as xenos360. I know this is being overused but..

:duh: :duh:

DS is good for something, he made me look at xenos360s location. I never would have noticed otherwise....

xenos360, I just saw Ohio as your location. Where at in Ohio, if you don't mind me asking. If you'd rather not say publicly, I understand. I sure as hell wouldnt say it aloud here.

Back on topic, err back off topic..

Report this to a Mod? You sure are sensitive for someone about to turn 20.

Back on topic...

Nothing like fresh popcorn :clap:

6. Unified_Shaders

Unified_Shaders Banned

Allow me to quote myself from earlier today..

A couple hours later..

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/683/683783p1.html

A developer informed me earlier today that it was happening and the process has begun, although I dont think he knew websites would be posting news about Uncle Bills interest in doing so. I didnt come out and say I was told this because I'd get the usual...

"But dude, thats speculation. Do you expect to come in here and have us believe you and youre so called dev friend? You wont even tell us his name or email or phone #" :sigh:

Just like the ps3 games being pressed on dvd9 discs and not blu ray, watch and see about the handheld.

:rock:

It will be announced during the summer, and shown at CES next year. Its almost as if I have a time machine....

And NO DS, I never said they eventually would not be using blu ray discs(ofcourse they will over time). Lets get that out of the way b4 you find the smallest reason to argue.

7. DivineSin

Your alittle late on that, anyone who reads ign, digg, kotaku or (i believe) slashdot would know that microsoft has formed a team to do research into a handheld. But you and the people at ign are looking alittle bit to hard into it. qIts simply a research team, it doesnt mean they are going to do it, personally i dont think there is room in the market for microsoft to squeeze in, but what do i knowq? Sony did that, and look how good there doing.... Personally i think microsoft going into the handheld gaming market would be a -disaster-, but as you and xenos have noted, i'm not very intelligent now am i? :D
    Oh and you can read a little more detailed article here --->http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jan2006/tc20060126_148049.htm?campaign_id=rss_tech

8. Unified_Shaders

Unified_Shaders Banned

Did you miss the part where I said it would/will fail miserably?

damnit we need a popcorn picture in here.

[​IMG]

:clap:

9. DivineSin

Whats up with the popcorn? anyway..nevermind, please get back on topic. Wish the kid would come back so he could say something. Cause without him the thread is pretty useless.

10. Unified_Shaders

Unified_Shaders Banned

Get on back on topic with what? He started a thread, I replied with a logical answer, he came back, said Thanks and left. He asked about the 2 consoles, and only those 2. I apologize if I didnt reply with a fanboy comment that would have given you ammo for a debate. If someone asks a question, I give an honest answer.

Popcorn is your friend :thumb:

11. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

oh my, i have to laugh at how this has turned out :hehe:

unified, i didnt know you lived in ohio, that is cool. sorry but i really dont check out profiles at all, as for where i live, i dont trust anyone here enough to reveal that now. makes sense about DS turning 20 though, i KNEW the kid was young. and DS your intellegence is of opinion, its a fact that you know and understand little of consoles and video games -> big difference.

DarkInferno, im sorry you werent happy with your 360. everyone has their opinions and it sucks you think its too loud (have heard a few comments here and there), if you dont want it, maybe i could get it off of your hands? with no sarcasm in any of this, i do hope your happier with the ps3.

BTW, i could go for some popcorn :thumb:

12. DivineSin

Since this thread obviously has no point i mise well ask. Why exactly do you think i know nothing about videogames or consoles? Just because i 'bash' your 360? or call you on your little 'i heard this from my developer friend' comments? and then get all angry when i dont believe you? :eyebrow: Seriously, i would like you to point out a moment that has shown i know nothing about videogames. :hehe:

13. Unified_Shaders

Unified_Shaders Banned

xenos360, I understand about not telling me where you live exactly. If youre in the northeastern part of ohio, and want to join in on some Lan parties, PM me sometime. We usually have 5 to 6 people, only rule is bring your own munchies, and console ofcourse. I usually have enough tv's laying around for extra players.

munchies includes popcorn!

why Im on a popcorn kick I have no idea. Ignore me :)

14. xenos360

xenos360 Banned

first of all im probably wasting my time because you will argue with any answer i give. add to that, this will be the last i bother with this subject because i just got home from a long business trip (tired as hell) and i respect the mod's comment in the other forum that I am a mature adult and i will keep their faith by acting like one. so with that out the way so i dont get any kind of immiture, sniveling little comment from you i hope were on the same page.

now remember you said only one moment and here it is....
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=103435
    ^just reading that post makes me laugh so hard i cry. :hehe: anyone with ANY REAL video game knowledge knew they were all pre-rendered and knows that the value of a tech demo means nothing in real world performance. you can bash or downplay anything i say but none of it will mean anything in this forum until you do it in a intellegent manner. with that point proven i hope your happy with your popcorn that Kenny K. made you, im off to sleep :yawn:

Last edited: 27 Jan 2006
  15. DivineSin

edit: nevermind..i was right, you two are the same person, no need for this as its been dealt with.

Last edited: 27 Jan 2006
  16. kdoubt.net

kdoubt.net What's a Dremel?

here are some ps3 preview vids. #3 looks awsome, and the other two will just be best complimented by the console with the most processing power.

http://kdoubt.net/ps3.html

Its really hard to tell, because when it comes down to it, its the fun factor of the games that matter. The graphics are all fluff.

For example, how many of us bring out the old SNES or Genisis?

If the games are fun, then thats what people will buy/want.

17. nicobam

nicobam Banned

I think the PS3 is well worth waiting for and when it comes out at least they will have worked out the gliches

18. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

PS3 cause well I'm a BluRay fanboy and that MSG clip looks so good.

19. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

What it really comes down to is what kind of games you like. I mean the big franchises that were ps2 exclusives or xbox exclusives are prolly gonna stay on their respected brand of consoles. I prefer the 360 (owned one since day on1), it really is a fantastic console imho, I haven't had any of the problems that have been talked about and neither do any of my friends, it really seems like the reports of bugs were blown out of proportion. The PS3 is going to be an amazing peice of hardware. No one can say for sure when it will come out and how much it will cost though. I'm guessing late 06 for japan, early 07 for US and Europe. Has anyone heard about how much the components from the ps3 cost? Reportedly more than 900$! Geeeeze, I'm guessing the final console will be too rich for my blood.

Tags: