1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSone screen problem

Discussion in 'Modding' started by qbert3, 6 Feb 2006.

1. qbert3

qbert3 What's a Dremel?

So im trying to hook my psone screen up to my PC with an RCA cable. im using a evga 7800gt When I boot up windows, the psone screen displays fine. The windows XP loading screen looks great and its in color. As soon as I get to the welcome logon screen, the psone screens picture turns to black and white. same problem occurs on the desktop. I have the program powerstrip and ive been looking around on it but cant find anything to tweak this thing into working. I took some pictures to show what happens.

[​IMG]
    While on the desktop

[​IMG][​IMG]
    On the windows xp loading screen

[​IMG]
    Another desktop shot

any idea on how to get some color??

no success on changing the res and color.. i tried lots of different combinations

my primary > 800x600 16color
    psone screen > 640x480 16color

still black and white.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That is kinda weird. It looks like it can't make sense of the colour depth (which is much lower on the boot-up screen than on the logon screen). I'd suggest going into Display Properties and checking whether the secondary (PSOne) monitor properties (not settings) are defined correctly. Does Windows recognise it as a screen capable of displaying 16 bit colour depth?

3. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

This has happened to me before. I always fix it by going into display properties and going to the nvidia advanced settings. Under the monitors section, click on detect displays and that should fix it. If its still black and white, specify what type of set it is (ie. NSTC USA or PAL or Pal-J) and that should fix it.

4. qbert3

qbert3 What's a Dremel?

I really dont know whats up now. I defined it correctly in the advanced settings to composite. It was selected as auto-select. the only other option is s-video..s-video turns the screen black and white..so does auto select..choosing composite turns the screen to color for a split second...and then the screen flickers..then turns black..as if nothing is hooked up to the screen. but it is on.

5. koola

koola Minimodder

You may have a defective screen then? :waah:

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

it sounds like a region problem.

check the region settings.

7. qbert3

qbert3 What's a Dremel?

ok i got some color on the screen now but the steps to get it are so strange.. maybe i dont understand powerstrip that well.

1) i have to go into the advanced settings in display properties for my 7800gt and define the 2nd display as s-video so that the psone screen shows up in black and white.

2) after that i open up the display config for powerstrip and select the 2nd display for my 7800gt (psone screen) and under refresh rate its listed as 60hz (standard discrete timing?).

3) I have to change the timing to "windows default" and then go back to display properties and redefine the connection as composite.

this gets me color and im able to do all the things i want on it. i just have to set it everytime i boot windows up... annoying but it works.

oh and btw everytime i look at that powerstrip display config its listing the "discrete timing" even though i set it to windows default. it keeps resetting.