1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a German (speaking) person.

Discussion in 'General' started by Lovah, 14 Feb 2006.

1. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I have to do a summary on a article and write a report on a trip to germany, that I'm doing next week. Now this is for a German-class. And normally I always do these things myself. But I need a very good grade on this class to pass the "Communications-class" (since I didn't pass french the first semester).

So I'm in need of somebody that is very good at writing german. You can PM me if you are interested. I will compensate .. (paypal or something I can do in return).

Thanks very much,
    Michiel

2. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

Kann Ich Helfen Dir?

I was based in Germany with the British Army, and always ended up being the Switch Troop Translator for the civvies!!!

I can speak and write fluent German, Japanese, Gaelic, Manderin and Cantonese (and of course English)

Need any help give me a shout

3. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

Holy crap KelticFox, that many languages.
    Manderin and Cantonese.

Tell me your job is as a translator.

Then again you probably have quite a few years on me in learning languages.
    Linguistics is not exactly my thing, but I would have thought I'd be better at Japanese by now and here you are with a laundry list of languages.
    I feel pwned.

Edit: Just had a look at your profile and you're only a year older than me :waah:
    Now I feel completely stupid.
    I blame it on the American education system.
    Or me not being particularly interested in languages until I went to college.

4. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Thanks very very much, I've sent you a PM!

Michiel

5. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Erm, geek1017- if I'm not mistaken, it is also more important for people in Europe to know more languages because there are so many countries with so many different languages.

Someday I hope to learn Spanish- I've met too many people who speak only Spanish.

L J

6. Weng

Weng What's a Dremel?

KelticFox
    it´s no Kann Ich Helfen Dir? it´s Kann ich dir helfen?
    :cooldude:

7. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Wow another german around her :clap:
    hi Weng, *ich komme auch aus Deutschland!*
    *I come from germany, too!*

By the way, were in germany are you going Lovah???

8. CraZy

CraZy Cöstom úser tætel

I can read and write german okey, isnt so hard (this is my first year learning it)

9. Weng

Weng What's a Dremel?

heay pain whats up :D i will help Lovah its not that hard :rock:

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm not surprised you know so many languages, being such a l33t h4x0r and all, and a secret agent, the first person on the moon, the pope's brother and the queen's nephew :rolleyes:

Although I would have thought if you were fluent in mandarin you would be able to spell it correctly.

Fair enough if you're not full of it, but your credibility suggests otherwise

Last edited: 15 Feb 2006
  11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Well, this post from back in March 2005 would seem to indicate some consistency, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps since that time his Japanese has progressed from passable to fluent, but the lengthy list from that post combined with the other more recent credibility gaps would lead to me to believe that "fluent" might be stretching the truth just a tad.

-monkey

12. KelticFox

Well:

1. I'm not Queens Nephew nor any relation (that I know of)
    2. I believe Neil Armstrong was first person on the moon in 1969 11 YEARS BEFORE I WAS BORN!!
    3. Pope doesnt have a brother, so cant be that either
    4. Secret Agent??? ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH? I just work for the Government in comms (being ex-military).
    5. I never said I was an elite hacker.
    6. I'm Dyslexic, so you're right. My spelling wasnt correct.

The reason I speak so many languages is:

German - Was based in Germany in Bruggen (near Elmpt) for 2.25 years
    Mandarin - Lived in China for 8 months
    Cantonese - See Above
    Gaelic - Native Language
    Japanese - Spent 9 months living there

I recently come back from Japan as I went to my sensei funeral.

As such I'm not really in the best mood for personal attacks, and I do NOT appreciate it so.

And I definatly do not appreciate my spelling being corrected by someone I DO NOT KNOW, NOR HAVE EVER SPOKEN TO!

13. KelticFox

What fricken credablity gaps? I've havent been on that much recently

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=1170926&postcount=41
    especially with the sly name change

and your grandad inventing the 5.56mm NATO round, and getting commission on every one made

There may be others, but those are the first that come to mind.
    Both claims that, when someone questioned them, you seem to have disappeared and have no further input.

(if you didnt get it in my post, the man on the moon, secret agent, queens nephew etc etc was sarcasm :rolleyes:)

Things like that give you zero credibility, so dont be surprised if any claim you make questioned

I wont even go into the "I'm dyslexic so I can't spell"
    The reason I pointed out the mistake is that it is surprising for someone that claims to be such a linguist misspelling mandarin, when you claim to be fluent in it. For instance "I'm fluent in Englesh"

On another note, you say you know Gaelic as it is your native language. Whereabouts are you from? I lived in Ireland for 4 years and not once met someone who was either fluent in Gaelic (however most people I met could get by with it) or considered it a native language. The only time I ever head it spoken was in the arse end of nowhere. Just curious.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2006
  15. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I thought it was "Kann ich ihnen helfen?" :confused:

16. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

KelticFox, one question, or a series. How did you learn the languages so fast, was it because you used it more often? Do you have any tips on picking up a new language?

Thanks

17. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I jve german as native but i also know swedish,finnish,norwigian,danish and some french so if someone need help with something mail me!

18. KelticFox

I never said "I'm dyslexic so I can't spell". In fact normally my spelling is pretty good, just sometimes I spell things phonetically without thinking.

WTF???!!! Why couldn't my Grandad invent a round? He was in the Army, and found the rounds they used weren't as accurate as they could be. So he tweaked them and patented it. Dunno how or why he gets commision for rounds manufactured but he does.

Unless he's getting a crap load of money from elsewhere and he's telling everyone he's getting it from there.

No further input................. Hurm let me think......... I disappeared when questioned............... Could that be because I WAS A FRICKIN FUNERAL.

I just read over the posts that was put in that topic, and becuase I didnt answer you all 'put in the boot' so to speak. I've had a few names onlines including Ikarus, Fallen Ikarus and ZeroSanity. And I never said once I was an Elite Hacker, never considered my self one. Wouldn't have got caught otherwise.

A bank robber that gets caught everytime, isnt a good bank robber, but he is still a bank robber.

I used to think a lot you people were okay, but I've been proven otherwise.

And another thing........... Hackers tend not to talk in 1337 language anymore (and havent for about 10 years). I think you will find its CS players that do that.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2006
  19. KelticFox

Just had an insight:

Why do I need to justify myself to you? I don't know, I don't speak to you.

Do I care if you believe me or not? Not really.

Why should I have to justify my experience and my life to someone I don't even know?

I don't.

So End Of Topic.

Simple As.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Sorry, but your German is not (at all) fluent.

I speak German, Dutch, English, and some French. I used to study at University in Germany and I was pretty decent at it then. However I would not presume that my grammar and syntax are anywhere near perfect --German, as you will know from experience, is a very tricky language. And what Lovah needs, is grammatically and syntactically correct German. Something that far exceeds: "Kann Ich Helfen Dir".

ozstriker is correct, by the way, except that it is "Ihnen" with a capital I. ;)