1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Season 2 (obviously, possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2005.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oooo stepping on foot = in front. Never thought of that.

2. quack

quack Minimodder

When she said that, I was thinking "hang on, she's a tailie... how the hell did he manage to tread on her foot?" Didn't think too much about it after that. Interesting theory that she was in the mental asylum... has anyone had a look at when Hurley was there to see if she's in the background somewhere?

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

If you remember when Hurley was going for the plane he was running late, so was barging past lots of people.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But he came in from the front, because he passed people face on so he couldnt have been past her at the back.

I cant be arsed to watch Hurleys episode again.

5. seebul

seebul Minimodder

i've just finished watching episode 9+10+11, i thought they were quite boring nothing much happened apart from Jack,Locke and soyeur meeting 'the others' is episode 12 out yet??

6. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

yup its out, not that interesting in my opinion, all about charlie

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Just to let everyone know - Episode 2.13 is out, having watched it I gotta say its good, better than the last few anyways and the story is constantly keeping you guessing as you'll see.

:)

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Feb 2006
  8. RTT

RTT #parp

This is all getting horribly boring :(

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It is. Sawyers story is just repetative now and the "internal feud" isnt really going anywhere, just a load of people pissed off with each other.

10. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Did anyone notice that little fan reference a couple episodes ago? It was while Hurley and Libby were by the washing machine. It went something like "hey, is this washing machine newer than everything else in here?" Hurley replied "I don't care, it just washes clothes".

To me, I heard it as "Calm down guys, there are bound to be little timeline errors here and there" a quip to all the obsessive fans out there that thrive on making mountains out of molehills.

Anyway, it made me laugh, but I could be wrong.

11. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Charlie is a nonce!

He has gone from being one of the favourite characters, to being an underdog.

Problem being he is a non-liked underdog!

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I think the show is starting to get too loose, and some of the events seem to happen for no other reason than to justify a character's actions. It's almost like the characters don't have individual motiviations and personalities anymore; they just do whatever is necessary to explain the events in a particular episode.

Before there was a certain mystery to the island, now it just seems like a whole bunch of seemingly random events, with too many open story lines to follow. I really wish they would start closing some of the loops to bring some focus back into the show.

I don't even try to guess anymore, I just watch the events unfold and pick up whatever big event happens at the end of the episode. MY wife and I now have the philosophy: while watching the show, whatever you're thinking is wrong. It will be completely turned around in the last 5 minutes.

-monkey

13. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I thought last episode was way too predictable.

You could tell sawyer was playing them off from the get go, especially with the title Long Con.

You always know that whoever the flash backs are about, will be the person the main events are about in the episode.

14. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Season 2 totally sucks IMO.

I didn't even bother watching episode 13 tbh. How could they have gone from the greatest show ever to cr@p in just 1 season?!?!

15. quack

quack Minimodder

Whatever... episode 14 was bloody fantastic!

Rousseau! Other! Sayid torturing again!!

And the biggest thing... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT WHEN THE COUNTER HIT ZERO????

16. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Let the spoiler blocks commence!!

Some people on other "Lost" message boards have, with the help of screen captures, determined that the symbols are Egyptian heiroglyphs. Also, with the help of heiroglyphic dictionaries, they have determined that the symbols talk about "death." My problem with this is that dictionaries only provide literal translations of words; they do not convey the contextual sense of the words in the sentence. My personal thought is that some kind of generator was revving up, but the command was cancelled when Locke pressed enter before the last heiroglyph could flip over.

Some people have theories that maybe all the noise and commotion was something powering down, which might be supported by the whole "death" thing (i.e. the "death" of the station). I still think it sounded more like something powering up.

The "Other" who was captured stated that his name was Henry Gale, and that he and his wife were ballooning. Hanry Gale is Dorothy's father in "The Wizard of Oz." In the end of the movie, the Wizard took off in a giant hot-air balloon. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but you never know.

Also, at the end of the war, when the US soldiers dropped off Sayid in the desert, one of the officers was looking at a picture. I believe that the girl in the picture was Kate. Her (adopted) father was a recruiter, as seen in her latest backstory, so it's possible that her father was in the Gulf War 12 years earlier.

It was better than the last few episodes, but still lacked that certain something.

:)
    -monkey

17. Dgephri

Dgephri What's a Dremel?

the commercial for next episode looks like it could house major reveals, but then, most of the commercials look to reveal a lot. ;)

When is Sayid going to make up his mind? (thinking of a quote from Thumbwars "what a whiner that kid is...").

18. quack

quack Minimodder

That was definitely Kate's father on the truck. Jump to 40:17 to see her looking a lot younger than she does now. So now we know how Kate and Sayid are linked.

19. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Was a pretty good episode (especially in comparison to the last couple anyway) but I personally think that was down to the subject matter (Sayid) rather than the plot. One thing you have to give credit to Lost for is the overall quality of acting from it's cast (regulars, guests and extras), it's easy to take that for granted, especially in the little moments (for instance this week after Sayid tortured the 'other', the look he gave Sayid afterwards was classic - perfectly done without being cheesy).

The story itself was good, especially seeing Sayid's 'darker' side (always fun :D). He and a few others (namely Echo, Locke and Hurley) are really the only characters that can hold my attention any more, the rest are fair game for the chopping block AFAIC. Also does anyone else think Jack has outstayed his welcome? I read somewhere the writers planned to kill him off right after the 2-hour premiere (to give the impression nobody's safe) but bottled out last minute.

Anyway, yup the picture was defiantly Kate. Check it out, yo!

20. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Could people please interrupt us more when I'm trying to watch the new episode of Lost with the missus? Honestly. First, the geezer with the electricity meter reading comes round, followed by the gas man checking the fireplace, followed by 2 telephone calls and a bleeding window cleaner asking for money. All during one bloody episode.

It was a good 'un though. The missus and I have been getting tired of Nyack since part-way through season one. Just the whole "It has to be done my way because I'm NYACK." thing gets on our tits.

I haven't seen the trailer for the next episode, is there anything related to Walt/Michael on there? That's certainly something that I'd like to see resolved ASAP. Ellie and I have a bet on, and the sooner that gets sorted - the sooner she can get her purse out.