1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding A Call to All Modders/ Designers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Static Lullaby, 1 Feb 2006.

1. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

Size... well it is an issue, but it isn't. If it is big enough to fit in what we have specified, but not TOO overly large it should be fine. Keep in mind, the winning case will be easily shipped w/ a full system in it too! :D I think most of the designers here have a good idea of what size the case should be on a decent average.

All of the differing aspects of the cases will be what they wind up being judged on. The appearance, functionality, airflow, size, weight could all effect the judging. Of course... with much of it, we do look also @ different aesthetic possibilities, materials, etc...

Go hog wild and build a badass case design and stack it up against all of the other entrants! :rock:

2. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

Sorry didnt wanna sound like a jackass. Wish i had the design skills u got for your panels. Your engraving on my case would look badass :p

Last edited: 15 Feb 2006
  3. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

do you have a link of your project log ajampaniki ?

( i can't find the translation in french for badass..hard to understand what you want to mean ! )

4. ajampaniki

i mean it would look very very good. don't have a log for my case since i'm only designing for this competition and not to make the case myself (yet)

5. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

hmm ok, thanks for your com' on those engraving, for sure it give to the case a good looking...

if you have some drawing skill you'll see it's not difficult to engrave, just be patient ( the last one took me 6hours for the top of case ! ^^ )

6. ajampaniki

And that is where the problem lies. I dont have to good drawing skills. Still love your design for the side panel of your first case. But enough with the offtopic babling, I have to go back to the designing.

7. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

I like Penitus Potentia the best.

One if the best ideas IMO is gateway's cases that take no screws for the PSU and drives, everyhting is quick releace.

8. Static Lullaby

A lot of cases have a toolless design these days. One of the things we will likely integrate into all of our cases, but one of those "finer details" that should not be stressed in the designs or build-ups.

We are keeping a lot of options in mind as for features and functionality of any of the cases we will produce. The contest though, is primarily to get design/ layout/ originality in our cases. :D

9. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

sound proof isilation would be nice but not required. perhaps an option on the webpage to order a sheet of soundproof foam...

10. Static Lullaby

We are also planning on offering that as an option to our systems. Of course it will vary dependent on the case etc... :D Thanks for the ideas!

11. Static Lullaby

Starting to get some new submissions from casemodgod.com's forums. You guys should check them out. Looking forward to more designs still from here still and so far only one has been entered from extremeoverclocking forums.

12. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

I'm working late nights on my design, and hoping to get it done before the deadline.

Its starting to get shape, and I'm beginning to like it ;-)

Is it ok if I upload all my presentation images on a server so you can download them from there? I think its gonna be to much to email

greetz,
    Joungne

13. Static Lullaby

Joungne,

It would be fine if you put it on a server or e-mailed it to me. I think g-mail really is handeling a LOT fo large file transfers these days for me pretty well. I look forward to your design!

Regards,
    Static

14. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

OMG,

if joungne is a entrie for the contest we can say that it hve a lot of chance to be THE winner ! :D

hard to wait some pics of your project joungne !! ...( defyant would be arrived now, then piloux, g-gnome, g69t, etc... )

^^

15. Static Lullaby

It would be nice if we could get any of those guys to jump in on the action here. lol... what a list of all out serious designers... of course... we already have a ton of really good entries. :D

16. ajampaniki

keep in mind that it is one thing build a beautiful case like hypercube, it is a totaly other thing to design a case that is suitable for "mass" production.

17. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

thats why I have been struggling for days to make a design that would appeal to a lot of people AND that is practical in use and leaving room for every modder that wants to customize it to their own likings.

Just wait a few more days and I you will see what I have been up to.

@Niktard : I think everybody has the same chance of getting in the top 5. Its not because my name is linked to hypercube that I would be better then the rest. Maybe hyper was just a lucky coincidence ;-)

And if you are wondering, the design wont be a cube ;-)

greetz,
    Joungne

18. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

:hehe: ...how mysterious your project is...i can't wait to see it !!

:dremel:

19. Static Lullaby

I am looking forwad to ALL of the designs! Best of luck to all! :rock:

20. ajampaniki

Are the cases going to be mass produced? I want to use profiles (is that the word) on my case but that will make it very hard to mass produce is (or atleast i think it is).