1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iTMS (US) from the UK?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tomm, 27 Jan 2006.

1. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

So today I was looking for a song on iTMS (UK) and I got a message saying that this song was not available in the UK iTunes store, would I like to go the US store? So I went there and lo, I could get my song for 99c. However, I didn't sign up to it, so it wouldn't let me download it. But can you use the US store from the UK. There would appear to be a better (/different) selection of music to choose, and a different single of the week to download. Basically I wanna know about taxes and any other implications of using the US store.

2. feckless2k1

feckless2k1 Minimodder

Will it let you register? From what I remember if you want to use the US site then your billing address (for you credit/debit card) must also be in the US :(

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Dunno really. I found I can switch to any of the countries available, just click the little flag button at the index bottom. However I just tried to add the free single to my cart, and it said my account is only valid in the US. And for the love of God, why did they add spongebob squarepants to the available TV shows? If that's not an indication that we're trying to make our kids fat and stupid, I dunno what is.

I'm almost positive that you'd need a billing address in the country for which you're registering, though. Or an overseas friend.

4. mattyt

mattyt What's a Dremel?

Yup, you need an US billing address. Or a fiance in america who you pester to purchase gift cards when there is something on US you want that's unavailable on UK.

I find the latter works for me.

5. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

do US gift certs work in the UK with a uk account or do you need a second one?

6. seebul

seebul Minimodder

you can only buy from the country store that your billing address is in.

7. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

but can I use the US gift certs in the UK with my UK account or would i need to create another account?

Tags: