1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding project boiling point is born

Discussion in 'Modding' started by samuelellis, 11 Jul 2002.

1. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

well in the planning stage & nope im not telling you anything until it is nearly finished :hehe:
    na seriousely i dont think anything like this has been done before, im going to have to do some serious modification to match the plans

anyway where do all of you buy your perspex from?

i need a cheap suppler of perspex in the UK,
    if i sprayed a cd rom vith vinyl dye & let it cover the led would i still get some light coming through when i had activity or would i have to sand the led a little bit (the reasin i asked that was i dont want led's visable & im not stelthing the drives)

oh & i will need quiet fans so any suggestions as up until now i have just grabbed any old fan but as the project is called boiling point i dont want to give the efect of many fans running, it will all make sense when i have finished it

oh before i forget to mention, every part of it will be documented & published to my webspace when the mod is finished (so you can see the stages of madness i will go though when things go wrong :lol:)

Last edited: 11 Jul 2002
  2. ahgb

ahgb What's a Dremel?

Your internet address would be helpful :D

good luck with the mod.

3. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

I generally 'borrow' perspex from work. A mate of mine (Phat) picked some up at a local windows and signs company. I'm intrigued to know what you're planning, maybe posting you URL would help!?

Boiling point eh? Instead of making it looked super-cool, I guess you're going for 'overheating' look??

4. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

go down to focus, homebase or B&Q as they all sell sheets of plexi. But no small ones mind.

5. Mr_Nemesis

Mr_Nemesis What's a Dremel?

Heh... when someone says "boiling" I always think of one of these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...as a window mod. Which would be exceedingly cool, if not a bitch to make.

6. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

7. samuelellis

nope it will be a lot better than that gideon tech article but still not giving anything away at all, my webspace is still being sorted out as the only place i have @ the moment is a geocities account, im still saving up to buy the bits & i swear this will be something i personally have never seen before & the boiling point was jsut something i came up with when i was coming home with my dad & his car overheated, i thought it would be a cool name & yes im not going for the typical look of oh i have a million fans that are deffining me, i will keep you updated with teases but im hoping this will be something well out there

8. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Those bubbles look real smart.................

but water and electrics ! ! ! !:worried:

Thats gotta hurt............:eeek:

9. hexa-db

hexa-db What's a Dremel?

Smoke machine inside the case for that steaming look? :D

10. Raven

Raven What's a Dremel?

Those bubble windows look pretty kewl, wonder what would happen with a colored smoke going thru instead of air...

11. samuelellis

i wish, ok here is a hint it involves water & air bubbles in my case used ian a way never though of before with a completly custom front made out of car body filler (no the water has nothing to do with the front)

12. Cyberbob:-)

Come on, Tell us more......

We are information junkies..............:rolleyes:

Sounds very very interesting......

Hope you are taking photo's as you progress?

13. samuelellis

yes i am taking photos but all i have is a dodgy web cam, ahvent got the case, the apints or anything yet as even using a generic £30 quid case from ccl its going to cast me an unemployed 18 year old liveing on less than a tenner a week, near enough £200 so it will be slow work

ok i will tell you another bit, i have just drilled holes in one piece of old hardware that will be used somewere on the case
    (thats it, thats all im telling you)

14. G8way

G8way What's a Dremel?

What about watercooling? :p

15. jamnog

jamnog Guest

sounds interesting

good luck im trying something new myself and i know how dificult it can be to fix things together that where not ment to go together.

16. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Mmmm thats nice... just to add more salt to everyones wounds I'm working on a project right now too.... :) tee hee hee

17. Cyberbob:-)

Not even started mine yet.

Can't really order anything yet, going on holiday in the morning.
    so as soon as I get back going to start ordering things. Window, Fans, Grills , Cables and a load more.............

Loads of Idea's.

Can anybody recomend a good digital camera for about £200 to £250, Might be able to get one from duty free..............:D
    I want to post me progress on the forum................

18. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Just started on one of the dino's today! One one week left at work, then I won't be able to use their sweet-ass machines :( :eeek: :cries:

Have you ever seen a desktop with an intergrated beer-cooler ;)

19. Cyberbob:-)

Did someone say the word BEER ! ! ! ! !

:dude: :dude: :dude:

20. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Yup! I've seen cases that are so cool that you can open the side and use it as a 'fridge' for your cans. Thing is, I already have a fridge, as do most civilised people.

What bothers me, is when the beer eventually gets warm (ok, I never drink that slow, but I just wanna do this mod!). I'm going to fit a fan duct (cool air from outside) in the case, and have the fan push cool air out the top. The glass will sit on a modified hs, and should hopefully keep nice n' cool.

Doubt it'll make much temperature difference really, but it'll sound cool telling people that my rig keeps my beer cool :)

Ah, creative modding :) Happy day!