1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: There is no front! *ahem*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by no friends, 19 Feb 2006.

1. no friends

no friends What's a Dremel?

I haven't posted here in a while...

When i did, i always said i would make a project...
    Well, here we are:

The other night, i got given some pre-bent steel left over from some part of the kitchen.. then i found a PSU on my desk, i was just playing with the two, and thinking of different ideas to put them together. And, i thought; What the hell... so i got out my dremel, a drill, a pair of mole grips and some screwdrivers.
    On the outside of the metal is a nice thick plastic covering, which will peal off when i need to :)

One of the pieces of metal given to me:
    [​IMG]

The mounted PSU with the sockets then mounted onto the outside...
    [​IMG]

A rather dodgy picture of the sockets on the back
    [​IMG]

I also stole the backing plate bit off an old case, i'm not THAT good with a dremel to go cuttin bits like this, its just bolted on with M4 bolts atm and the actual big hole is not cut yet either, but it all levels up okish...
    [​IMG]

After measuring out where the mobo holes are, i proceeded to drill them, chuck some M4 bolts in there. The plastic spacers are indeed, bits of a Biro pen ;) they work perfectly and the the mobo is at the perfect hight!
    [​IMG]

Now, this metal is nice and shiney, not so much on the outside as on the in, but it is nicely shiney :D
    [​IMG]

That is all for now, as i have run out of reinforced cutting wheels. And this metal is a bitch to cut!
    Also, atm the main power thingy ATX stylee wires won't reach the correct slot, so i'm going to have to put extensions on then... and, i may aswell sleeve it aswell.

I have no ideas for the top and sides atm, the top... maybe just a big sheet of steel... might be hard to find some the same shinyness etc...
    The sides, i might get some mesh then double it togetther to get it nice and thick...

I know my drilling isn't up to scratch, but the holes made on the back for the psu were my first set, and the measuring didn't go all that well with just one screw being lower than the rest... meh

Ctritism? Compliments? go ahead... :)

Original thread was here
    But they didn't show too much appriciation :p:

Last edited by a moderator: 6 May 2006
  2. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Looking good so far, whats up with the name? no front? ;p

3. no friends

i really don't think that this case will have a front.. i have a plan to mount the cd drive at one end, ... errr. yea :s

I don't think it will have a front tbh.. just 4 sides ;P

4. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Alright ; p i see!

Well, good luck!

5. Infenro

Infenro What's a Dremel?

hewo kool write up :p

i knew you werent so slack not to post on here,

cant wait for more :rock:

6. no friends

I'm at my dads for the half term atm... so nothing will happen untill the end of the week :x

but, i have to take my toolbox back to school to carry on working on my other media computer project...

But, i might scrap that, and finish what i'm making here for my final project... it would be easier tbh, and will look nicer as i haven't damaged the metal on this one :p