1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooler Master CMStacker 830

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 22 Feb 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Ryszvaldo

Ryszvaldo Banned

I really like that, but £180 is a LOT to pay for a case!

Are the side 120mm fans directly vented? It looks like there is a window over them...

Hmmmm. How much do you think I can get for a kidney?

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Hmm, I have the original stacker (810) and it's bundled with features (also bigger I think), it's a great case and tbh I'm not too keen on the 830, the features are better but it's the shape I don't like, reminds me of that robot in the tv show Red Dwarf... I have to say that although the features are good, the design doesn't appeal to me. My modded 810 is good enough for me :D

I can say that the crossflow is certainly something to get, it cools the computer down so well, which is why I can have my x2 clocked at 2.8GHz on air cooling, with it barely touching 35C on load, turn the crossflow off and the computer becomes unstable.

4. Salazaar

Salazaar What's a Dremel?

Is there anywhere to mount a double 120mm radiator without excessive modding?

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i did not see any other water cooling stuff in the article. :worried:

cool case anyway :D

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Quality case. Up to the old standards that produced the ATC S-4000.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

First impression: URGH my god no! When did CM get case making tips from Thermaltake?
    Not subtle enough for my liking but the construction quality looks superb. Can I get it in black with no windows or outside crap, please?

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Feb 2006
  8. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

I like the design of the older stacker better. It does have some nice features. Coolermaster did a revison on the oringal stacker to create the 810 and remove the power supply rack and placed 2 120mm fans in the rear I like this design better you could place a 120 x 2 rad in the rear of the case with minimal work

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

definately looks really nice, how many inbuilt fans come with it?

Little too expensive i think :S

10. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Seems kinda like its menna compete with the Antec P180 to me.

Although I think the coolmaster is one of the ugliest cases I have ever seen and the 180 is beatiful....i know which im buying.

11. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

The window that covers them is a grill, so air will flow through it. The holes in the grill are quite fine but the plastic fan holder sits very close to it so airflow will be easily forced through it.

There is space at the rear of the case, but you will definately have to chop it up a little.

It will be a totally separate article.

One 120mm rear, one 120mm on the 4 in 3.

the curves actually make the case look smaller than it is, I think that was intentional on Coolermaster's part.

12. RaptorRed

RaptorRed What's a Dremel?

I Actually quite like the design is not as over the top as some but still retains an edge of standard oblong cube shape. Is there any chance of getting the internal measurments of the base as i would like to shoehorn the guts from my old promie mach 1 in there, with and without hdd cage space if pos thanks.

13. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

No probs, I'll do some measuring tonight. :)

14. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

QFT

The Antec is clean, stylish and understated. The Coolermaster, on the other hand, is ugly, clunky and just downright wrong. IMHO I hasten to add.

15. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Okay quick question on this case what do you put in the 10 slots as does the door not interfere with any twiddly bits on fan controllers etc? or is this a case for those who want lots of hard drives? As to the looks I’ve never been a fan of doors on computers I’m too lazy to want to open the door and press a button to eject a cd.

16. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Certainly has a star trek vibe doesn't it? looks like the part of the console off the bridge . . .

Anyway, whats with case manufacturers obbsession with slapping their name accross their kit?puts me right off . . .

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

That looks disgusting, much prefer the design of the original stacker.

18. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Forget this case go for a SPCR P180 at www.overclockers.co.uk, I can highly recomend this case, and in black its even sweeter, go on treat urself....

I am running a 4400+ X2 and the cooling on the Coolermaster is no more impressive than my P180....

PS WHERE DO U PUT THE BEER THIS IS CLEARLY A THE FUTURISTIC FRIDGE, ANYONE FOUND THE SMEG LOGO YET....?

SNIPERMikeUK :rock:

19. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

I hate this case! It really looks like a fridge, mixed with 5 kilos of aluminium.

20. Arena_08

Arena_08 What's a Dremel?

I genuinley think that this case is one of the best looking there is there. Its not too overstated, subtle, but yet still racey enough.
    If they scaled the size down a little, made it cheaper (£100 maybe) i think it would sell a lot. I know i'd buy one!

Tags: Add Tags