1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News TransTFT monitor mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 13 Feb 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

This has been around for quite ome time.

I think the black chequerplate is the best bit.

3. jakeiswicked

jakeiswicked What's a Dremel?

that mod looks amazing... which makes me wonder why tft companies dont try and make fancier looking models..

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Looks nice, but think of the scratching! If you could make a temepered glass solution you'd be okay (as it's moderately breakproof and won't scratch too easily), but considering how bad the scratch-resistant coating on the new ipods scraches, oh dear.

5. stephen2002

stephen2002 What's a Dremel?

Interesting, but now the display surface is like a mirror! I would have cut a hole for the display instead of covering it with plexi.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

depends on the plexi you use, i have used plexi for a present that i had to search it around my house for a weak because it was super transperent and i missplased it, i only found it because it got covered in wood dust.

7. Devil_909

Devil_909 What's a Dremel?

Don't forget that it was done by a member here a long time ago. Capt. Slug. He has done a few of them actually. It can be found here Linky . Done with plexi but with a little different twist. Just thought you all would like to see.

8. therealdave

therealdave What's a Dremel?

ok, after seeing this i am planning on doing it and the gods must have been thinking the same thing as work just gave me a 15.1" that does not work any more, but after some dismantling and fiddling i have discovered that the cold cathode flurecent lamps have died ... trying to find replacment ones as we speak. the tft is a hyundai HT15X11-200 if any one can help.

9. Confused Fishcake

Confused Fishcake Minimodder

Apparently ones out of old scanners work, but you have to set the brightness on max. Give it a try, the ccfl out of old scanners are useful anyways if it doesn't work. (there is a mod guide somewhere)

10. therealdave

therealdave What's a Dremel?

cheers mate the hunt continues... lil update for anyone who cares, i found a site which sells the ccfls out of broken screens, complete with broken lcd panels and casing, for about 20 quid, but alas no 15" in stock atm :(

will try the old scanner ones, need to find an old scanner now :D

Tags: Add Tags