1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project: Acrylonia

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Stuyo, 23 Feb 2006.

1. Stuyo

Stuyo What's a Dremel?

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

3. Stuyo

Stuyo What's a Dremel?

Yep, I wrote in the log that most of the inspiration i got was from Orac. I wanted to do something like it, but way smaller :D

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

So what if it's been done. Orac was an extreme mod, not a custom fabrication.

5. Hellboy787

Hellboy787 What's a Dremel?

I like it......its good to know "we are allowed to use some of the idea" from the pc's that inspired us....

6. mattthegamer463

Im not putting it down, I'm just stating its been done before, that theme of green and acryllic. Don't get bent out of shape. I almost like it better than Orac, its less cluttered. Orac was jammed full of cabling, this one is not as full, which I think looks better.

7. Tulatin

Yeah, but how many times has a theme of this and this been done before? I mean how many cases of a certain colour do you see with similar lights... the one issue i have to both this and Orac is the cabling seems stuffed into the gullet, rather than tied and angular.

8. mattthegamer463

Yeah, I agree. Popular stuff is always copied. How overused was blue in the past? Now finally the blue has peaked in popularity and is in a recession. To be honest, this mod is better than Orac in my opinion. I think it looks nicer, although Im not big on how its only got feet in the front and it leans back, doesnt look as good as if it was level.

9. Tulatin

Blue reached such a stage that it became a part of mainstream consumer electronics... can't admit it doesn't look good with some things though

10. Stuyo

Stuyo What's a Dremel?

First I made it level, but the result dinn't satisfy me. The tilted design gives it more perspective and apealed to me much more than the level, so I removed the hind legs.

11. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

OT: Wow. Didn't realize that people shouldnt mod anything unless its completely unique. I guess the only thing left to do is piss in the bottom of my PC and call it avent garde urinous modificus. I am pretty certain no-one has done that one before............

I may leave it on while I mod, the sparks will be uber for the case log pictures...........

Stuyo, nice job. It is very apparent there was much thought and hard work in the cabling. Kudos.

12. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

yah nice job! honestly I wasn't a big fan of the orac3 but I like this one better.