1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does any1 know about Football aka soccer?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bilbo Fraggins, 27 Feb 2006.

1. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

Hello, i come to you with a question, and knowing that most of this site is UK oriented i felt this is the best place to ask it...

I play soccer in the U.S for my highschool team. Its off season, and im on a club team. We start outdoor spring training soon, and i just bought a new pair of Nike Air Legond boots costing 124.99 $. After getting home and running around w/ the ball outside i realized that they were pretty tight, and not really what i was looking for. The store policy says dont takem back after you wear them outside. I could either try to cleanem up and takem back, or stick it out and hope they will break in soon. Does any1 know if they will fit better if i wear them more? Can any1 help me with my situation or just throw thier openion out there!
    Thanks a ton
    -Bilbo

Last edited: 27 Feb 2006
  2. Visualaid

Visualaid What's a Dremel?

i kno my old nike 90's stretched abit after wearing but not much, its hard to say really. Id try 1/2 a size bigger n see if it helps, as nice fittin boots helps alot

3. orb

orb satisfying.

It's not soccer, its football

4. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! What's a Dremel?

i use to always play football with tight boots...i actually preferred it. but thats me tho and lol yea its 'football' across the pond - soccer my a**e :hehe:

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Off season? Rofl, you've got the wrong time of the year, off season is during the summer months!

Most football boots do stretch, but it depends on the make and how much you use them. How tight is it? Although I would say that if it's tight and uncomfortable at the start, you've bought the wrong boots. So clean it up well and take it back and get the next size up, it's worth a try.

Oh yea, as orb says, it's football, not soccer ;)

6. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

yeh basically you want your 'sneaks' to be tight homey

if you play soccer with footwear thats a bit loose and casual when you are running and try to turn around quickly or you do a move where you have to pull some g's in your shoes youll find that your foot slips around inside your shoe, which can make you slip and fall, lose your balance, or twist your ankle... basically its just asking for an injury...

7. SensesFail

SensesFail Guest

No, it's fútbol.

You don't want them too tight, though. My football (remember, I'm American here) cleats were too tight and my feet would get tired really fast. My feet were always killing me after being in a three point stance throughout practice. After I broke in my cleats, I kept them for the last three years of high school (even after they literally broke). Getting new cleats is a pain for anything because of blisters and cramps. I suggest you just get used to the tightness since it'll loosen up eventually...I'd just try to hang on to comfy cleats as long as you can...

8. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

youre on about your shoes not being flexible enough, thats completely different to how tight they are on your feet...

you can have shoes too big for you (bad) which are rigid and dont bend (bad)

or you can wear tight shoes (good) that will flex with your feet as you turn or run (good)

youre right about them being TOO tight, of course... that cuts off your circulation... it wont make your foot tired, it might give you pins and needles in your feet and your lower leg but make sure your kicks are tight man thats the most important thing..

oh and also youre not supposed to 'break in' trainers at all... they are supposed to be good from the start

9. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

you didnt try them on in the store with your shin guards on did you? cant say iv done it before but I have done similar with hiking boots. if you realy want to keep the investment and have a full ankle shin guard, try changing guards to just a shin sheath and see how much more room you have.

your other option is just to try to break them in, get a thin pair of socks (nylon hiking socks), lace up and run a few laps every day. they should loosen up a bit

10. Bilbo Fraggins

Alright, well theres some good ideas there. When i tried them on in the store the 1/2 size up was too long. i have wide feet.. soo i knew that that was out of the picture. Im not good at decesion making and i was debating myself between those NIkes and a pair of Kelme boots. The Kelmes were more confortable in the store, however i figured the nike's would stretch a bit and become more confortable. NOw im really regretting stuff. Im a sucker for that brand ****. o well.. ANy more imput is welcome! :)
    thnx

11. 731|\|37

I always had foot girth problems too, Rebok worked well for me. shoe salesmen always said they made a wider shoe to the size then others. Unfortunatly I got to the point in non-school soccer leagues that they started traveling half way across the state to play games every weekend so I no longer play *sigh* good luck

12. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

If your boots are made of leather then yes they will stretch. As you break them in they will mould more to the shape of your foot. In the mean time you can try getting some thinner football socks.

13. Valo

Valo Minimodder

any shoes stretch, my nike samba's stretch too, and theyr great to play with :) unless its painful for you to wear them (they are too small) they will stretch in some time

14. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Keep yout toenails short, you should be alright.

15. Adnuo

Adnuo Banned

Working in a shoe store, I can tell you that snug is good, tight is bad. Basically, the difference is whether your toes are rubbing or not. If the shoe is tight, but lengthwise it's fine, then you're fine. Sport shoes should fit snugly anyway to prevent pronation/supination or the foot sliding around during wear.

If they're too tight to play in, wear them to practice around in until the materials break in, and wear your old ones for games and such. Thinner socks is also a good idea. However, don't fall into the "oh, I'll just wear them around the house" idea. This works well for casual/walking shoes, but awful for any kind of sport shoe. You walk much differently than you run, and you lounge around your house much much differently than you dodge around a football pitch (naturally).

Other than that, what store did you buy them from? Some are better than others about returns, but a good way to clean up worn shoes is using a toothbrush and soapy water for the sole, and I'd imagine that's all that's dirty at this point. If they ask, go ahead and lie, because I guarantee you that they'll clean them up and restock them, no matter what they look like or what you say you did/didn't do with them.

16. warchild

warchild What's a Dremel?

Hey Bilbo,
    there are some football boots accessories to strain (i think is the therm...?) or strecht them.

17. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Be careful....at times when I was a younger I mashed my feet up badly, starting a new season using last seasons boots which no longer fitted well and were just a bit too tight. You can play through the pain barrier for a bit but trust me when you take your boots off and find blisters on every toe and one on both heels as big as the palm of your hand you'll *really* regret it :waah:

18. 731|\|37

break them in? I've never seen any for soccer footwear but I know outdoor shops will break in boots (for a price)

19. Bilbo Fraggins

THey arent thhaaaaaaat dirty.. really
    just a patch of mud on the bottom, nothing a paper towl and some water or shoe cleaner wont fix.. just im split. It could be a good shoe if it breaks in right, otherwise the other shoe woulda been better.. Confort or patinece?

20. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Well if the question is only comfort or patience, the obvious answer is comfort. . .

I have never heard of the other brand of shoes, mainly because I got out of soccer a long time ago when I moved out of the big city. I really want to play again someday. :)

Whats the price tag on the other pair of shoes?

L J