1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alchemy Case Design Contest Voting

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Static Lullaby, 26 Feb 2006.

?

Which belong in the top 5?

Poll closed 1 Mar 2006.
  1. Andersson.j

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. CaptainSlug

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Dutchcedar

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Geno

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. the_gnu

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. j-laret

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Josh Carley

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Joungne

49 vote(s)
    47.1%
  9. Nicktard

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. Nix

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Anyways, I was just voicing my concerns that a case like Joungne's might be too unique to be easily reproduced. To be honest, I have no idea how a mainstream case is manufactured so my comments on the matter should be taken with that fact in mind. However, I do know that there's a reason sharp looking curvy cases are not common today. Cases with unique features such as the one by Asus feature a lot of molded plastic. While the external features/structures of some of these cases might pose production difficulties, the more intricate the internal features are, the higher the cose of the case will become.

My words were also aimed at subtley trying to get into the minds of those who will soon begin their prototyping process, so that they keep all this in mind since they're probably more familiar with custom building a case in a one-time-only manner. They're going to be putting a lot of work into their prototypes and I want to see them succeed.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2006
  2. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

He was responding to someone's question about whether or not the manufactured cases will be available as a stand-alone puchase. And they won't be for faily obvious reasons.

3. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Ah, okay. I edited my post. It was 7 am and I was somewhat confused. =(

But yea, I still hope we can follow along some project logs.

4. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

Project logs will be available upon the designers choosing. If they wish to show their project logs or not (publicly) will be up to their sole discretion. The final 5 are being e-mailed right now to be notified and we will be posting the final 5 designs here as well shortly.

5. trurig

trurig Guest

Is it just me or does all this seem like it's gonna end in a lot of people getting screwed? Anyone in here know this guy personally? As "they" are so well funded, would there be a problem putting the prize money in Escrow? Is that fish I smell?

6. JamesM

JamesM What's a Dremel?

At this stage, I guess only time will tell :)

7. invalid

invalid What's a Dremel?

If a company bought the design or paid Joungne for his design skills they would be making the case, not him. Its only this contest that is having them build it. And even still, in my opinion Joungne has proven he is capable. The question is, does he want to put time into the case with no guarantees at the end. :worried:

8. Static Lullaby

Welcome to the forum!

You are not the first to bring up this question, and I willa nswer you the same way I answered before. There are MUCH easier ways to steal case designs, or screw people over on the internet. There is always going to be a question of the "validity" of our contest. Just as there is for a number of other contests being held online.

We are NOT demanding that the designers build a prototype, but it could effect the final judging decision. If a designer wishes to take the risks involved, it is up to them. I have spoken a good deal @ this with many of the designers that have entered the contest from the start & most of them are very confident in me and ACS.

Joungne and others would not have even entered this contest had they not checked into me and the company first.

9. JamesM

JamesM What's a Dremel?

Could you not give money upfront to someone with a bit more credability, like a bit-tech admin? With guaranteed money in the pot I'm sure you would have had far more enteries in the first place.

10. andersson.j

andersson.j What's a Dremel?

It would be fun to see a summary of all the polls. Static, when will you post the results?

11. Static Lullaby

Results are posted already in this section of the forum. I will compile all of the results from the voting as well as our judges and post them there as well shortly

12. Static Lullaby

We had over 80 submissions and the most of the top 5 have been in contact with me already. We are working on a solution with them to ensure everyone is well taken care of in this final stage process.

ACS wants to be covered just as well as the designers & we feel strongly that we can work out specifics with each of the designers.

13. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

good luck to everyone, allthought i think that joungne is certainly the most design case in this contest, his own 3D rendering pics show how extraordinary skills he got !

thanks for the one who vote for me ! :blush:

:hip:

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

This competition is now closed on this forum. Please find the reasons outlined here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.