1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Some More Bits For The Forester..suspension this time !

Discussion in 'General' started by Bartop, 4 Mar 2006.

1. Bartop

Bartop What's a Dremel?

The modding on the Forester continues :)

Yesterday I took a trip to Powerstation in Tewksbury. If you guys are in that area I can thoroughly recommend them as they really know their onions when it comes to suspension.

I managed to get some used low mileage struts and springs from a guy who was getting some AST coilovers fitted to his Forester Sti. I also had a Whiteline 22mm ARB put on at the same time.

First impressions are that it's not as big a transformation as perhaps I had hoped. Ride is pretty much unchanged, perhaps a bit firmer. Turn in is sharper and handling around the bends is pretty neutral. Better than before but not huge. Drop is quite subtle, would like another inch or so really..

Unfortunately the car still doesn't feel as connected to the road as I'd thought..still feels a bit floaty and not so planted..

While I was there I had a drive of the guys Forester Sti which has had a new exhaust and remap and was dyno'd at 338 bhp - It was an absolute beast and the handling was superb on the coilovers - only made me more determined on where I want to get to with mine..

Anyway here's the latest pic - the other new mod is a bigger scoop from a Bugeye impreza Sti..

[​IMG]

...roll on engine work :D

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Looking good :D

3. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

That looks alot better now its lower, but I think you still need to go lower with it. You considered buying STi trim?

4. Bartop

Bartop What's a Dremel?

It is possible to put impreza Sti suspension on but it slams it into the floor..trick is to get a good in between set up.
    There are some shorter springs available as an upgrade for the Forester Sti but I'd need to get them imported from the states or Japan.
    Alternatively I could get some adjustable coilovers :D

Tags: