1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Vista is a cracker's dream

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 1 Mar 2006.

1. Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg What's a Dremel?

Any one wanna place a bet on how fast the thing will be cracked ?

2. ZZEVB3K

ZZEVB3K What's a Dremel?

Get Rid of all the bloatware & bring back Win 95 .
    Worked for Me :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. kergareth

kergareth What's a Dremel?

^^
    Can you say BSOD :rolleyes:

4. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I had much better experiences in windows with 98 personally. I dont even know why there donig this but I expect to see the oem buyers upgrading just for SAG.

Hybr1d, thanks, I needed a laugh.

5. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

Personally it seems sensible to me, at the end of the day the ultimate version will be cracked and on P2P within days of the release (if not before) this way anyone who has already bought a copy can happily click upgrade pay MS more money thinking there getting some kind of super computer when infact there just unlocking functionality they don't actually need or use.

6. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

is it going to be offline authentication or online? if its offline then yeah i can see the point of the slating, but if it requires a net connection to authenticate then its not going to be that easy to get round, look at steam for instance.
    but then again, i cant really see them making it need a connection to install/authenticate it really.
    gonna be interesting though what happens with it as MS software, from the largest software house in the world, has always been laughably easy to crack.

7. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

I'd imagine that with DX10 there will be an authentication for the games, where if you install a legal copy of a game on a cracked version of vista it wont let you. it will probably be done where the first time you go on line with vista the OS goes to MS website in the background and checks if its a fully legal copy and if its not it install a DRM encription file that will stop all programs being installed (i know this will be cracked) but its one way

Could microsoft legally distroy your HDD say (or anythnig else) by writting loads of 1's and 0's to your HDD untill its broke or up the voltage on your CPU (as its all software controled) and burn it out if you have a cracked version

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Erm, no.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

<A88>

9. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

No but they can deny you access to services and support which will become increasingly difficult to live without with time.
    I have a feeling MS will force you to register you're authentic serial upon first net access, so they'll most likely ask for your email and what not the very first time you download any patch and then lock your serial key to with a personal password for all future updates and patches.
    This way anyone with a fake serial will be denied access to MS database and even if you're serial is stolen they still won't have a valid password so updates will still be impossible.
    Of course some Russian dude somewhere will figure out a way to strip the vital OS updates off the MS site and make them available to cracked Vistas but it'll just become increasingly harder to get updates on cracked systems as time passes.

10. Touchwood

Touchwood What's a Dremel?

Hacker's and Cracker's saliva glands must be working overtime at this point, waiting in anticipation for the Vista challenge. Viva La Vista! But Microsoft will make a few billion out of it any which way you look at it.

But maybe we should start counting scruples.

Touchwood

11. nukm69

nukm69 What's a Dremel?

windows crap?

g

Last edited: 3 Jun 2010
  12. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

:thumb: Very insightful. Anymore words of wisdom you'd like to share with the world.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2006
Tags: Add Tags