1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is this the most complicated Game ever??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MonkeyTurnip, 14 Mar 2006.

1. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

Get confortable and a drink your going to be watching these for a while

Game Demo (35mins long) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=Will+Wright+Spore+Video

Full Demo (60mins long) With chat from developer showing game http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-262774490184348066&q=Will+Wright

if you haven't heard about this game yet, it's from the developer of the Sims games. You really have to watch through the whole game demo in order to get a sense of just how HUGE this concept is. It's like a dozen meta-genres rolled into one game.

The inclusive use of 'Procedural Content' is the really the most amazing aspect of the game. I'm still a little unclear how the 'asynchronous multiplayer interaction' plays out...my impression is that you play as a single player, build your own world, define the constraints of the characters inhabiting it, as well as the build the environment, then someone can visit that world and it's added to their game (via download). From there, do they evolve it, or is the content 'pulled' and updated from your world?

2. Peanut[UK]

Peanut[UK] What's a Dremel?

This game looks like it'll be amazing.

With the multiplayer, I think what happens is that your creature is uploaded to some central database. If your creature is evolving along similar lines to someone else's, your creature could get introduce to their world (and vice versa) so you can compete with it. Really interesting concept.

I wonder how scientifically useful this will be as well?

3. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

That looks pretty damn awesome. No idea how i watched it all though

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Awesome. I honestly can not wait for this game. Is there any idea on release dates?

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

:jawdrop:

6. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Stunning

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Reckon they'll be bundling 500GB hard drives with this? :jawdrop: Tis' stunningly complex, I can't imagine how long it took to make.

<A88>

8. Sherk

Sherk What's a Dremel?

This sounds like a cool concept, it may end up taking up a lot of space (I wonder how everything is going to work?). :rock:

9. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

/signed

this looks amazing! Ive heard spore was going to be fairly in depth but some of the things being created there are just immense! Does this mean it will be an MMPORG ? Or just a multiplayer game ?

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Thats completely the opposite. It takes up very little, all the animations, etc. are generated by the program, which means the files sizes for each creature are as little as 1kb (that contains ALL the creature information).

Release date is currently slated for this autumn. Should be quite cheap too as they didn't have to fill a warehouse full of artists and animators as it's all created by the program.

Although it is being published by EA, so probably normal game price :(

As for multiplayer, I don't think there is any multiplayer along the lines of other games. It will be kind of like the sims, you make a house/sim/whatever, upload it to the sims database, people download it, you download other people's. It's basically that, but it's all done automatically, so there is no actual interaction between players. They're also planning on letting you log into your account on the website/ingame and be able to see what other people have been doing to your creature, whether they're getting along peacefuly with them or obliterating them off the face of the planet.

11. kempez

kempez modding again!

I want this game as its simply awesome. If it turns out as good as it looks then it will be awesome :)

12. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

Oh My Golly Gosh! :jawdrop:

that is amazing...

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Heh, I can't belive you guys havn't seen this already, this vid is from last years GDC.

Alot of people have been saying that developers don't make original, fun games anymore and rely on a franchise, and that to get original, "wacky" games you have to get japaneese ones.

I think this disproves them, Will Wright remains a shining example of a great game developer. I wish there were more around like him.

14. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Pure awesomeness tbh :D

15. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

That's pretty much the next level :rock:

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

If you head over to www.gamingsteve.com, hes got a whole forum, a slot in his weekly podcast, and a Q&A with Will Wright all about spore.

The Q&A with Will is pretty good, gives you some more info on what the game is like, for instance, you can create a flying creature or keep your creature underwater, so when they create cities on the surface of planets they make a water filled dome.

17. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

This guy is something like Steven Spielberg except for games, setting examples...

18. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

Made me laugh

[​IMG]

19. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

I can't wait. That is actually rediculous.

and lol at post above.

20. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

Looks good and will be one of my few game purchases this year.

Tags: