1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowed in!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 12 Mar 2006.

1. customh

customh conflagration.

Here in MN, USA they are forecasting 5-7 inches of snow overnight, and the clouds seem to be thickening little by little.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

There's been a couple of short-lived snow flurries over the weekend here in Bourne (in the very south of Lincs). Nothing settled though, although the wind's pretty cold at the moment.

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Snow Sofa :D

[​IMG]

4. seebul

seebul Minimodder

Thats brilliant :thumb:

5. customh

customh conflagration.

Agreed :thumb:

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

None in Wimbledon.

I don't think London gets any.

7. Coelacanth

Coelacanth What's a Dremel?

wow, I wish I lived in a place that could get school cancled with around 3 inches of snow... I mean, last time it snowed, I got 6-8 inches on the streets, and school wasn't even delayed... Sheesh, I shuold move out of the states, and into... Hey, what do you know, its snowing right now! W00T! YAY Colorado!

8. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

man, thats nothing man 6-8 inches. Man thats like nothign compared to where i live.

not only do we get stupid amounts of snow, but we also get freezing rain which inturn creates glare or black ice which in turn causes massive traffic accidents, but it still doesn slow people down in this silly city of mine.

Not sure if you people all the way over there heard about Ice Storm in 98, but i was in middle of it. We were shut down for a week but it took like 3-4 inches of ice or something like that.

I think the last time we had a bad storm over the night it went down to around -43 with the wind chill and the resulting black ice caused half of our public transports busses to get into accidents :).

But i digress, cause the winter is almost over here, and it has been really weird.

monday it could be like -23 to -40+ then on friday it will be like +7 with rain then freeze over night and melt on tuesday. It's really weird :)

9. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Minnesota has some pretty bad swings in weather conditions as well. One day, there will be snow on the ground and it'll be freezing cold and the next day, it'll be nearly t-shirt weather. The summer is pretty predictable, but when it rains, my gawd does it rain.

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I'm so jealous that you guys get snow :(

Best we got here was hail and that was 3 years ago, random...

11. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

dont be, when it's as cold and miserable here in the winter, you'll be begging for summer to come around. Mind you summer can be pretty weird too. Unfotunately summer only lasts around 4 months of the year here :(.

in general the snow isn't all bad, it's the darn boen chilling winds that we can get. and i live in a relativel southern part of canada. (Ottawa, it's in the southern part of ontario for those that don't know anything about canadian geography) But we can still get it down to the -40's with that wind chill. as a result my winter coat has to be down filled or you'll freeze :(. But thats nothing compared to the high artic or winnipeg :)

12. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

No, trust me if you sit here and it's 32 degrees and the flippin sun isn't even out you know you're in the **** cause the clouds are everywhere trapping every drop of moisture in this tropical city called Hong Kong.

You check the weather report it says 99% humidity, nothing odd then you realise you're sweating everywhere, flies and bugs are everywhere, I'd rather be freezing, and frankly I love the cold and snow and winter and everything about it. :rock:

14. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

it would help if you used an up to date map of the uk. that still has yorkshire as one county ffs. and cumberland hasnt and west morland are now called cumbria. that lists sussex as one county instead of east and west too. you better hope no1 lives in Cleveland too as you seem to have lost that.
    how old is that map? lol

edit: just looked it up and yorkshire was split into east, south, west and north in 1972. how did that old map make it onto the internet?

Last edited: 13 Mar 2006
  15. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

The Ancient or Geographical Counties Of Britain.
    maybe it was off a history/geography website? just a sugestion :)

16. customh

customh conflagration.

Yeah, padre is right, was 50 fahrenheit on friday and now monday it was 30 and 8 inches of snow we woke up to.

17. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

I thought I'd rescusitate this thread as it's snowing outside, and has been since about half past seven.

The grass is now pale green and cars have got a bad case of dandruff.

Anyone else wake up to the white stuff?

- H.

18. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Still no snow down here in London.

19. cerberus

cerberus What's a Dremel?

Got the white stuff coming down pretty heavy again here. Near Rochdale

20. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

none in Reading or Bournemouth