1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project - Black´n´Blue - 5/4/06 - Case pictures - page 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Thizen, 9 Oct 2005.

1. phenix

phenix What's a Dremel?

hey man thanks for informing them and me im planning to use them for the custom case that i want to make. i have questions for you, if you dont mind

are the cubes durable? how long can the screw be? like ( 3 , 5 8 .. mm ) so taht they dont stick out you know what i mean... post some pics of it.

thanks alot man :dremel:

2. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

FrozenCPU Acrylic Case Corner Cube (part# cpa-84):
    [​IMG]

As you can see they are prettymuch exactly 20mm. They are perfectly square on all sides and made of a very hard, clear material. They appear as though they might chip easily along the corners (as some of them are very slightly), but they are very tough. The only way to chip them is to throw them around on the floor or in a bag with other hard materials. I don't think by using them as their intended purpose would actually harm them in any way. They are suprisingly clear too.

The threaded inserts are about 6mm or 7mm deep. When purchasing a screw though, don't forget to take into account the thickness of the material you are going through to secure to the corner cube. For instance, If you are using 3mm thick acrylic, then you need to get a screw that is no longer than about 9mm. Hopefully that all makse some sense...

3. timothyw9

timothyw9 Banned

cool looking - i love the way that it's perspex and then alu at front

4. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

#81 .. well all the perspex is going to be painted gloss black (really shiney!) So will the front, but I´m tinking about polishing the front door, and paint the front behind it black.. what do you think about that?

Kind regards Thizen

5. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Thats does'nt sounds so bad, but I'm not shure if that would steal to much interest from the other parts of the case, maby it would be too much. But do a test and polish a small area at the front and find out if you like it or not.

So it's the inside your painting? I'll find a link to a simular projet in a few sec's ;) he painted the inside BTW.

But paint the inner plate on the front.

6. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

#83.. the whole front door will be polished, if that is what i choose to do.. And then the flat front will be black just like the rest of the case.. Maybe you´re right about the interest thing.. hm.. I really don´t know what to do right now..

kind regards Thizen

7. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Hehe, okey.
    Take som inspiration fron this norwegian worklog ;)

8. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

#85 Thanks for the link, the case looks very nice in mirror black, just got the news from a local painter, he can paint my parts in gloss black with pearlescent/metallic flake in it with real carpaint.. Should look pretty nice and shiney.. The best part is, it´s real cheap too :)

Bu the parts wont be painted until I have done all the small details on them, so I´m in a little of a hurry to finish the parts..

Kind regards Thizen

9. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Any progres here?

10. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

Waterblock update

Hey.. a little update on the waterblock.. I made a plexi top for it, so that I might use it on min cpu (socket 754) .. I am going to compare this block and my current block later on.. the best one gets to rest on the cpu :)

Almost done with the top fangrill too, and the plexi case is off for painting at the moment, still waiting for the paintguy :p
    Please use the comment thread..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon with another update..
    kind regards Thizen

11. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

Kinda freaky how many of your idea's I've had in my head for the last few months. To bad I dont have a computer to put in the case i have in my head. Nice to see how yours is turning out tho. Looks really really nice. Some questions btw:

What are the dimensions on the waterblock? And have u concidered using a plexiglas tube instead of the alu for the reservoirs? Wont the fittings on the end come off if there is alot of presure on them cause they arent secured with screws or anything right?

Last edited: 20 Mar 2006
  12. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

#88 I know what you mean, I have tried it many times, where others have used my ideas or "the ideas I also though of" ..

The waterblock itself (the alu) is D63 mm and 10 mm thick..

Yes, I though of it, but since I already had the alu tubes and were going insane with polishing, i might just as well use alu i though :) Don´t you like it?

I don´t know exactly which of the fittings you mean? alle the fittings in the reservoirs are screwed in with a 1/4" thread, the pass through fittings in the plexiplate is secured on the inside of the plexiplate with M16 bolts and the whole reservoir thing is boltet to the plexiplate (you just can´t see it in the pictures :) )

I am pretty sure it won´t break.. hehe..

Thanks for you reply.. Keep it comming..

kind regards Thizen

13. ajampaniki

No I really love the alu res, but would be nice to see the water sitting in it. And with the fittings i mean the end caps of the reservoir. Are they so tight with the gaskets and all that they dont fall off or are they secured in an other way?

14. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

oh the top fittings.. well as there´s no water in the top area and the fittings will point upwards, there will be no water in contact with them. but ofcourse I have though of it :) yes, they are also fastened with 1/4" thread and with a o-ring each.. they are also 100% watertight :)

Kind regards Thizen

15. ajampaniki

lol still not the thing i'm talking about. Was talking about these badboys

[​IMG]

16. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

oh, damn.. sorry for that much misunderstanding .. hehe.. well they are even more watertight.. they are like 2000% watertigh, you wouldn´t believe how hard they were to get in the alu tube, I had to hammer them in.. guess I had to lower the O-rings some more, but now they sit there and no, they won´t fall out ;)

kind regards Thizen

17. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

WOW! looks real nice *droll* Almost as you bought it online and packed it out of the box :D

What did you use to make it?

18. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Hi looking very good... Im doing the opposite of you atm, tiny bits of alu on a clear DIY case... Will make a log if I find it good enough...

/Danish Heh... Tænk at jeg er 24 og først lige er begyndt at lave mit eget kabi... Forresten hvor finder jeg en rad i Kobber da hele mit setup er Kobber, mest rør?? Har efterhånden så mange dele og stumper jeg ku åbne en butik med møg.. /Danish

19. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

#94 thanks... I used the Lathe and the cnc router to make the cross in the middle and the 4 M4 holes for the bolts.. the plexitop is handmade..

#95 Okay, sounds nice..

/Danish næsten alle radi´s du køber på webshops er kobber, eller ihvertfald med kobberrør. Nogle tyske modeller kører også med alu rør. men næsten alle kører med kobber rør. Black ice, alphacool nexxxos og thermochill er alle med kobberrør..

Kind regards Thizen

20. Thizen

Thizen What's a Dremel?

Little update

Hey modders..

Today i polished the front door (aluminium) and I finished the electronics box for the inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think of my paintjob on the box?

kind regards Thizen