1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Camera for bird box

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mushky, 19 Mar 2006.

1. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I'm going to build a bird box for my garden and I'd love to be able to put a small camera in there. I know very little about small cameras but I need to get the box built and put up ASAP. It should have been up last month really.

Ideally I want something that can transmit audio and visual. Also, something that I can use in the dark along with some IR leds or something. Trailing wires are not an option really. Can this be done using batteries and some sort of transmitter for the A/V?

Any ideas?

Actually, thinking about it, I could do it with wires.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2006
  2. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

i dont know about the audio bit, but you can buy small cheap video camaras in the uk for about £10 from maplin, so maybe radioshak?

for night vision, im sure someone here modded their logitec web cam to see in the dark, you might want to do a search for that.

3. roll1

roll1 What's a Dremel?

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Thanks guys. I looked at that website but all the equipment they link to is "sold out, new model coming soon".

I ended up buying the whole lot in a kit from ebay for abuot £80. It seemed a lot but when I added up the costs and effort it seemed like a good deal. That's including a pine bird box, all cabling, UV lit colour camera and mic. Sweet!

Will be posting pics hopefully later in the year if you're interested.

Thanks for the help.