1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Playstation 3 delay

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nintendoh, 18 Mar 2006.

1. nintendoh

nintendoh What's a Dremel?

So the PS3 wont be released until November heh?
    Do I hear a chukkling sound coming from mr Gates' Office !? lol
    Microsoft must be rubbing thier filthy rich hands together at this news, I mean , A whole year's headstart !
    Although sadly that didn't help the great Dreamcast.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It wont bother Sony or anyone in the long term. People will still go out in hoards and buy the thing. It wont be a Dreamcast repeat cause MS has so much money and infrastructure in place to continue. Be prepared to a massive amount of games to be released around November, as well as a price drop for the 360 though.

3. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

Yeah die hard PS3 folks can hold out.

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Sony have good and bad things to consider regarding the delay.

Bad:

It gives Microsoft longer to get a firm foot in the door, despite shortages. Developers will also ensure the 360 is extremely strong by then, as an Easter PS3 release would have scuppered that. Halo 3. The hardware decreases in awesomeness the longer it takes to release and the more time other platforms have to prepare for it.

The Good:

Surely a very strong launch line up, as opposed to the expected repeat of the PS2 launch. Time to iron out hardware problems commented on by devs and tech commentators. Time to establish the notion that buying a Blu-Ray enabled device is A Good Idea. Time to establish paying $400/£400 for a games console is A Good Idea.

5. modderino

modderino What's a Dremel?

Yeh but i would rather have it come out in november with loads of games than earlier with hardly any and anyway ifit comes out now the disc hardware wouldnt be ready well thats what they said on the radio!!!

6. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Regardless, I suspect that it will have a relatively weak launch lineup. Despite the delay I think the only title to really benefit will be Unreal. There seems to be a rather unnerving silence from all of the other touted developers as to what they will have ready for launch (aside from the frankly awful looking Untold Legends).

I hope they do a better job of giving this console serious legs early on, than they did with the PS2 and have done with the miserable collection of PSP games available.

7. nintendoh

nintendoh What's a Dremel?

sony will win in the end