1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BioSniper, 21 Mar 2006.

1. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Last edited: 21 Mar 2006
  2. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

so its bf2 but the tanks have legs and the muzzle flashes are blue. :woo-woo:
    tenner says all our favourite bf2 bugs are still there too...
    /me goes and sits in the quake wars corner :p

4. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: Looks good, keep us informed! :thumb: ill be getting this if it comes out.

5. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

OH Yes! This looks like the game i've been missing for oh so long, I used to play the Mechwarrior series for oh so long, and I'm a big BF fan, so this one will deffo be in my buy list :)

6. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

looks a bit lame tbh. thats if its even real.
    i reckon its a console game though, i cant see ea/dice leaving bf2 alone whilst theres so many people playing it and gladly still buying expansions/booster packs for it.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This looks pimpin'. Let's hope it's not an April Fool's. :D

8. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Doesn't look any different to BF2 really. Still prefer Vietnam for its fun choppers...bird bird bird, bird is the word...

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Oh dear, if this is real I think I'm giving it a miss.

I'm with Hamish on this one, Quake Wars is looking very sweet.

10. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

This might be interesting, as there hasn't been a good mech game (imho) since MW3, before MS killed the franchise with lame-ness.

However, if they decide to pull the stunt they did with BF:V, and stop updating fixing BF2 when this is released, they can forget about my money. Releasing a new game is not the solution to having a bug-ridden one already out. Fix what you've already released, THEN make a new game.

11. ArsoN

ArsoN What's a Dremel?

Don't DICE have two software houses? I think one in Canada, one in Europe or something? From what I've heard, one house works on one game.

12. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Hmm, looks ok, not sure about the gaint mech thing. But with the ozone layer getting thinner, and this thing called "Global Warming" Wouldnt the earth melt, not freaze?

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Nope.
    Sun comes closer during summer months, melts ice caps, we all freeze over during winter.

I think. ;)

14. Heavytank2

Heavytank2 What's a Dremel?

The effects would be more intense. Hot/cold become VERY HOT/VERY COLD. Kinda like the moon. Its pretty much removing the insulation (buffer).

15. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

hmm yah quake wars is looking much better, this does look pretty generic and such compared to quake wars. IS bf2 THAT buggy, I mean it's not perfect but I haven't had any major bugs or balance issues that ruin the game

16. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

:D this looks very promising I can't wait.

17. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Looks a bit lame in my opinion, doesn't seem to have the same Battlefield "feel". The Mech bit seems kind of cool, but the rest looks like crap. Tis a shame too, I loved the old MechWarrior games. I wish another good one would come out. Or even better, a new Heavy Gear would be pretty sweet.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well we may be destroying the ozone layer but we're adding CO2 to the atmosphere which adds to the insualtory effects, although if CO2 effects is the whole cause for the current increase in temperature is debateable.

I think they're going for a Day after Tommorrow (or whatever that film was called) type change in climate where the gulf stream stopped.

Anyways, as Hamish said, just looks like BF2 where the tanks have legs and the muzzle flash is blue. I can't really see a point in buying this ATM. Maybe they've given up with fixing BF2 and they're making a whole new game to make it decent.

19. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

Also invisible people! ;)

20. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

Humm.

Don't think this will stand on it's own as it's own Game - considering that BF2 is a full game and constantly moving forward.

i think the better option would be to release it at an add on as it's obviusly built on the BF2 engine.

Still ooks quite good thou.

Tags: