1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Americans think atheists are worst than gays!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 3 Apr 2006.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

2. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

Religious belief has not increased in America...Brokeback Mountain hasn't captured America's heart, either. Bullsh*t.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What about Nilhists?

I spose I better get my seat ready in hell then, right next to my gay friends and their adopted children.

At least itll be warm, cause I cant stand the cold.

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Direction this thread is heading: OMG AMERICANS ARE BARBARIC ZEALOTS!!!!!111oneoneoneoneone

Going completely from this article, this guy doesnt really look like he's working with much evidence really. In addition, this took place completely in Minnesota, which is by no means the most populous or a liberal state. I'd take this statement with a fairly large doseage of salt; this guy seems to be out to make a statement - wether its terribly factual or not is still up for questioning.

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I have to say, I agree with Roto on this one. The article is very clearly far from an impartial viewpoint, seems to be more pushing an agenda.

And Bindi, I've got a beautiful handbasket for my ride to hell... ;) I'm working on making it SHINY. :) So we'll at least have good company and can talk about tech stuff for all eternity!

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

A note for all those people claiming to be going to hell: I'm Catholic

So save me a seat, will ya? ;)

-monkey

P.S. I'm with Roto, as well. This thread is on a one-way trip down that familiar spiral.

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Thank God for the separation of church and state.

/get it?

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i think this says more about american journalism than american views on atheists :p

9. Malvolio

Malvolio .

You've all missed the real question: what about gay, liberal, half middle-eastern, half south african, who is also athiest?

Oh, wait, those people are the only one's who can get jobs now! Sorry about that! *

*if you don't get it, read up on minority rights :p

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'm in. :thumb:

11. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

Well, you wont see me in hell or heaven :p cos i aint going ;)

12. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

Are you Immortal?

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

He's going to live forever --or die trying. :p

14. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

My 9th grade english teacher always said "the only thing you have to do is die". Just pay your $30 to Bob and come x-day you'll be safe.

15. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Same here. :D

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hell yea.

I think it's about Journalism in general.

17. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

My seat in hell is going to be made out of cherry wood with really nice joinery, i'm looking forward to it.

Something interesting: to become an eagle scout in america you can't be athiest. My council is willing to overlook the gay thing which surprised me given the demographics but you still can't be athiest... i had to make something up real quick.

18. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

are you an athiest greensabbath? i dont want to be judgemental, and I would like to ask a few questions, if you dont mind....please dont be offended.

1. How can you believe there is no God at all? I mean, not critically, but I am interested in the rationale behind this. Yes, if you were wondering, I am a christian who does believe in God, but I dont want to bash you.

2. If there is no God, how can there be a hell or how can you get sentenced there, or isnt there one?
    3. Do you go to some sort of worship services, and if so, what do you worship?

19. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

<sarcasam> I thinght this was another excellent example of the liberal media spewing dangerous half-truths to further their political agenda </sarcasam>

To answer TJK's questions, and yes, I know they wern't aimed at me,:

1: I don't see a need a for a sentient god to explain thr world as it exists. I know that there are things in this universe I will never understand, but that doesn't mean that they were created by a sentient god.

2: I don't really believe in hell, but that doesn't keep me from joking about it (I have a reservation as part of the museum staff :D). I believe that when we die, that's it. We cease to be and there is nothing more.

3: No, I don't.

20. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

thats really intresting to me - and I wont try to convert you, but just wondering, has there ever been a question in you as to why you are here, what your purpose is, and how you got here? I wonder that alot, and my religion answers those questions. I believe I was put here by an almighty God, I am here to serve and worship him, and he created everything. That my sound crazy to you, but it is just about as crazy for me to try to comprehend there being no God.
    When we die, thats it? Is there anything more, do we just rot in the ground, or is there an afterlife or reincarnation or waht?