1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Playstation 3 will be €500-600

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 6 Apr 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. gpw111

gpw111 What's a Dremel?

I didn't realise this before but, not only does the ps3 immitate a George Forman bbq grill thing, but the Vice President even has a similar name (George Fornay)!

3. UnkleRosco

UnkleRosco What's a Dremel?

The whole blue ray thing... How many people used their PS2 as a dvd player?? The playstation is for games, hense the games console... They need to stop fannying about trying to make it do everything n just let us play games...

4. The_Head

The_Head What's a Dremel?

Think I may just stick with gaming on my PC.....
    I used to watch DVDs on my PS2, but I've only got a crap tv and any boost in quality over a DVD from Blueray is going to be unseen, so theres no point in high def for me.
    Just will have to wait and see if Gran Turismo 4 can tempt me over.

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Sheesh, at least the Xbox managed to do the Media Centre thing at a reasonable price...this is just silly money quite frankly, and what do you get extra for your money? To be honest, if anything you get less features with the PS3.

<A88>

6. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Just out of curiousity what are you basing this comment on? Has there been any details released of what will actually be included with the ps3 on release?

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

well il either get the revolution, stick to my pc (yet to be built) or get an xbox360 if it starts to do better.

8. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Hang on isn't that less than the announced prices for stand alone Blueray players. If so is anybody going to buy a stand alone player?

9. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

No, but nobody ever was for a good couple of years anyway, unless their relentlessly stupid and moronic in thinking their bigger capacity disks, on a player that costs 30 times a dvd player will thus prove they have a bigger penis.

10. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I think the problem here is that sony have assumed that a blu-ray player is justification to bump the price. But not that many people have the capability to play HD content the way it should be played i.e. a HD television. Not to mention BR movies are quite hard to come by and expensive when you do, kinda like when DVD's came out all those years back. People will wait a few years until the techonology is readily available and a damn sight cheeper. That isnt to say people wont buy the ps3 as soon as it comes out, but I dont think it'll be as big a sales launch as sony think. Good point by whisperwolf though, whos gonna buy a BR player for silly money when they can buy a ps3 for less?

11. 1337sauce

1337sauce What's a Dremel?

this defentely makes me want a 360 now.....

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Bloody 'ell, GT5 better be good. :$

13. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Hmm, that's a lot for a console and for all we know it's Blu-ray player could be crap (just like the PS2's DVD player).

TBH I still find it hard justifying the £300 I spent on a Xbox 360, so until the PS3 gets a price drop (December 2007?) I think I'll stick to my 360 and future Revolution.

14. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Apparently Sony have issued a statment saying there guy was misunderstood, and that he simply stated it would be more that current consoles but cheaper than Blu-ray standalone Players.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/04/06/sony_denies_ps3_price_range/

Again I have to ask if sony are going to undercut standalone players will any company bar Sony spend money on the format/licencing and release standalone players, or will they back off and leave Sony to go it alone?

15. riggs

riggs ^_^

I'll be getting a Revolution at launch, but won't touch the PS3 for at least 2-3 years (basically until it comes down in price, or I can pick up a cheap 2nd hand unit) - I mean, I've only recently bought a cheap PS2, and didn't even bother with the low-poly jagged-ness of the PS1.

I'm not really a console gamer, but I don't think I'd ever spend that much!

16. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

Oh no another thread to stir up the fanboys. I see the shrapnel flying already; I'm just gonna stay outta this one.

17. CountStiltzkin

CountStiltzkin What's a Dremel?

I think I'll just go set my NES up.

18. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

Its funny how noone wants it now its 400 quid, yet last week all the sony fan boys were lubing up their love sausages over the released details, even tho 400 quid was always the predicted price point

19. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

I already got a grand set aside for it so first day it's in stores I'm there, I don't care how much it'll cost.
    Honestly true console gamers don't really care about the price, I still remember the most I ever payed for any gaming console, ironcially it was the Dreamcast. I bought that the very first day it came out in Japan for the equivalent of 800 dollars with Virtual Fighter 3.
    I'm half expecting to pay around a grand for a PS3 with all the trimmings and a copy of MSG and maybe a Blu-Ray film.

20. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

£400 bit steep, but i think ill treat my self (reviews pending of course) ive always enjoyed owning sony hardware in the past, so hopefully this will be the same. im really only lookin forward to GT5 and MGS4 there'll probably be a few others that will pop up though.

if its crap, theres always some gimp on ebay ready to pay me to get rid of it again

Tags: Add Tags