1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Paintball themed case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SpleenBeGod, 23 Mar 2006.

1. SpleenBeGod

SpleenBeGod What's a Dremel?

I play paintball alot, so i was thinking on building my first true theamed case off paintball. Has anyone done this before?

I'm thinking on using this image for a side window (bigger version of course) and maybe getting a fan grill that looks like a paintballer. any other ideas would be a big help.

2. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Painting would be easy - matte black then "painted" with multicoloured splotches in yellow, pink, white etc (or maybe just 1 colour to match lighting) and then clearcoated. Painting the splotches could even be done with an actual paintpball gun but you wouldn't have much control doing that.

Sounds interesting.

3. SpleenBeGod

you cant actualy paint with a paintball gun, the paint they use is gellitan based, so it rots...

but the local field sells splat stickers, i might pick up a few of those

4. Soulmage

Soulmage Minimodder

Actually what you "could" do would be to figure out what colour paint you would want to use for the sploches and then go to maybe your pharmasist, or maybe hardware store and see if you can get a thin syring. Remove the paint from some paintballs and put in the paint you want to use (maybe use spray paint and spray a ton into a small containter to get enough to suck up). then blast away. then bascially put 3-5 coats of clear. In theory it sounds as if it would work.

btw, yeah i know i have a lot of stuff spelled wrong, wrote in a hurry (at work)

edit: Isn't regular paintball paint water soluble?

5. SpleenBeGod

yes, its water soluble, so we can wash it out of our cloths.

your idea might work if the shell doesnt burst in the barrel, i'll have to try it this weekend

6. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Use a hard shell paint. It will be harder to extract the paint out of it, but there will be less chance of a barrel break and for the love of God make sure you use a gun with an anti-chop bolt or break beam eyes. Reg. paint all inside a gun would kill every internal part.

Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out :lol:

7. SpleenBeGod

My angel has both, so thats not an issue.
    i'll see what kind of hard shelled paint they have at the feild, i normaly use xball brand, which is brittle.

8. SpleenBeGod

Ok, i have a 20oz co2 tank, a HPA reg, an old cocker valve and noid, and too many old jt masks to count, think there's any way i could use them on this computer?

9. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

yah, use your imagination, a barrel could be a handle, c02 tank and reg could be some sort of visual bling etc. If you're watercooling I would turn the c02 tank into a res and such, or what not. A much easier way to "paintball" the case would be with circle shaped brushes (cut em in a circle) thin the paint and over load the brush. whip it fast towards the case, it will leave the main impact mark and have some trail off. Just did a tv the other day like that, but it takes a little bit of control to get it right so what ever you do practice on a piece of cardboard first

10. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Marbalizer is a great hard shelled paint. I have to use it in my Automag R/T, otherwise it eats paint and I am field cleaning it every 5 shots :p

As for the random parts, a 20oz co2 tank would make a hell of a resevior (sp?). The reg, well, IDK, that's a tricky one :lol:

BTW, Speed, G7, or older model Angel?

11. SpleenBeGod

I've never used marbs, but the feild sells some, so i'l pick up a bag.
    yeah, i was thinking it would be a cool reserver too, maybe get something that looks like macroline, or steel brade.

and i use an old school 2k2 LCD, i even still use a glued UL

12. SpleenBeGod

Ok, i refilled some paint, and it worked pretty good, so that will be my means of painting it.

does anyone know a good spot to get watercooling parts? This will be my first wc case, so im not sure the best place.

13. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

CO2 tank: emty it, drill holes for fittings = resevoir.

14. SpleenBeGod

its already emptied, and yes, i plan on drilling an tapping for barbs.
    But i need a good site for the rest of the wc parts

15. chucksta

chucksta What's a Dremel?

www.frozencpu.com is a pretty good place for watercooling equipment. Sounds like a great idea. I'de be worried about my internals though shooting with an angle. I'de use some pos gun to be safe.

16. Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth What's a Dremel?

Dang, This is what i'm doing, only mines Bob Long / Intimidator themed, Good Luck

17. SpleenBeGod

Alright, i went to fry's last week and got the wc setup. it works nicely with my co2 res. I decided to go with the WDP thing as a window instead of empire. got it all cut out, i'll post pics if i can get ahold of a camera. I'm just gonna throw the paint at the case,as it seems to work just as good.

sweet tooth- cool, maybe we can have like a timmy vs angel contest

18. Temo Vryce

Temo Vryce What's a Dremel?

Using the 20oz tank for the Resivour is a good idea. I would suggest that you try and sell the HPA Reg on Ebay, if it's adjustable, you might be able to get something for it. If it's not, then I'm sure that you can find something to do with it in this build. Depending on which types of JT masks you have there are a number of things that you can do with them. You could use the soft rubber from a Flex series mask as a gromit for your fans to reduce noise. The front face guard from a WhipperSnapper could be added to the front of the case. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and skills.

19. SpleenBeGod

The masks are all those cheap things you get in the starter kits, im not cutting up my proflex