1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Recon-Advacned Warfighter?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by modderino, 11 Apr 2006.

1. modderino

modderino What's a Dremel?

I was just wondering if it is any good i've read reviews,seen clips,watched reviews on gamer t.v but i was jsut wdnering waht your guys view of it was??
    Isit better than Jungle Storm as i don't like Jungle Storm?
    Isit worth getting it?
    What are the graphics like are they good?
    There are appointed to anyone who has got it on ps2!!!!
    Also which is better on pc or ps2 any points will be appericated thanks

2. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

This game is not worth the bother unless you have a next-gen console or high-end pc.

I have it on the xbox and 360, and the 360 version blows the xbox version out of the water.

THe xbox version in simple terms, is just crud.

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's good but it frustrates me. It's a love/hate relationship. Trying to get an online game is a bit of a nightmare but the local co-op is good. No idea about Jungle Storm. If you have a decent PC then I'd choose that over ps2. xbox 360 over both of those though.

4. modderino

yay klkl mite get it on pc then i've got a packer bell that is qute good it was about 900 quid!!
    then when i get mi xbox 360 in august ill prob save and get it on xbox and see what its like

5. modderino

also erm can i play online wid it if i get it on pc??

6. mushky

mushky gimme snails

erm, probably won't be able to play graw on it then. dont suppose you know what video card is in there? specs?

7. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I really started getting annoyed with this one as it seems the further you progress, the more stupid solo missions you have to do. Which kind of defeats the point of it being a squad based shooter. Online is really good fun though.

8. logan

logan flashback!

Exactly how I feel. Took me about 6 hours (across two days) to get past one section. Was playing on hard difficulty (is there any other way? :D) but I kept dying within 100yds of the next checkpoint.

I only kept at it cos it was my fault i was dying, kept rushing and breaking cover at the wrong moments. The next section I only died once but i was a lot more cautious in my approach.

It is a fairly slow and methodical shooter, which took a bit of getting used to after playing "Black" for the past few weeks but it can be very rewarding.

9. tecguy

tecguy What's a Dremel?

Yeh i have it and in the trailers you have 4 men!!
    But when you start its only you and a fellow member of the team,also i don't like it that you have to restart missions when you die and not go to last check point,it really ticks me off!!!

10. logan

logan flashback!

You are part of a 4 man squad for many of the missions, and when you die it does take you back to the last checkpoint... They're just fairly spaced out on some of the missions :confused:

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yeah but (a) there aren't enough missions with the 3 other ghosts to help, and (b) the checkpoint system is broken if you ask me, as they don't stack up in a save game list, they overwrite each other. Mess up and stumble through a chekpoint with a red health meter and you might as well restart the mission from scratch as you're now stuck with your only save point at an impossible health status.

12. logan

logan flashback!

I agree it is kinda dumb the way you can't skip back to checkpoint 1/2/3 but I'm surprised how little that's annoyed me. Maybe it's because I only got my 360 on sunday and it's still in the "everything's fantastic" stage... And playing on hard difficulty you rarely see a red health meter. It's pretty much green or dead :)

Also I approached the game as an FPS, not a squad-based FPS - odd I know seeing as that's it's main selling point. So I'm quite enjoying the single person missions.

They've done a better job than Republic Commando did but they could have taken a few more tips from Full Spectrum Warrior. Now that's a proper squad based shooter (albeit 3rd person...).

13. mushky

mushky gimme snails

The multiplayer is good fun. Had a good session yesterday with Tibby.

14. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Ya was very fun. My mate was sitting next to me. I took my xbox 360 round to his due to him having 2 32" tvs next to each other!

Was ace.

15. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Quality :)

I had to unplug my headset cos someone else kept talking crap and it was showing up as me. Not sure what happened with that one.

Definately be up for it again if you are dude.

16. logan

logan flashback!

Room for one more? Wouldn't mind giving it a try this evening/weekend if you're playing.

17. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Yeah dude, for sure. There was about 12 or so on the server last night. We were cleaning up. :) Looks like Tibbys on now actually, and i'll probably be on for a bit later.

Not too sure how it works but I think i can send you an invite or something, or you might just be able to join the game straight from friends bit in the dash.

18. tecguy

tecguy What's a Dremel?

Well so far i've only had one guy!!
    And when i die is atrt from the beginning it dosent let me go to check point!!!
    And i only have some guy that u get at the begninng the first mission

19. Arkangyl

Arkangyl What's a Dremel?

GRAW for the 360 looks amazing. The team based missions are great but as mentioned before, the solo stuff is a PITA and lacks the team element that makes GR, well, GR.

Tags: