1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurt

Discussion in 'General' started by warchild, 7 Apr 2006.

1. warchild

warchild What's a Dremel?

It's hard to believe that it's been 12 years since Kurt Cobain's tragic death.
    Any Nirvana fans ?

2. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

kinda, but it gets a bit depressing after a while. Oh and when will his wife shutup???

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Tragic yeah, but it leaves a better legacy than fading into obscurity.

I imagine his wife will shut up when her conscience is clear..

4. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Never been a grunge fan myself....Ill give it to nirvana, they did some good songs...but ive never understood what the deal with Kurt is....

Heres a bloke with it all to live for....loads of cash....fame.....people who adore him and the promise of a great career.....Spunks it all for some drugs and the "OH i cant handle fame", then places a shotty under his head and goes quake style.

i think thats weak....still..i supose thats the price of fame....i never thought that there would still be peeps wearing nirvana tshirts around today.

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I think his problem was that he didn't want the cash, fame, adoration etc.

6. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

"It is better to burn out, than fade away."

7. 1337sauce

1337sauce What's a Dremel?

meh..used to like em..but then all the courtney stuff happend....ad now there just a old band that needs to die...but foo fighters pwn

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: Awesome quote.

Never really been a big fan of Nirvana, I can see what they did and why they were so different and bla bla bla, but they weren't that different, and only reached mega stardome once he went "quake style". One thing I do wish is that Courtney would shut up and leave the albums to sell on their own, they're gonna sell whatever she does, so she could at least give it a rest and live with a bit of dignity.

9. warchild

warchild What's a Dremel?

IMHO in the 90's only one band have the same Nirvana :hip: status :

- The Pixies. :)

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I agree with warchild - in the context of the early 90s, they were that different - the only other band that came that close was The Pixies, and they never really had the mass appeal of Nirvana.

Courtney Love has spent the last 12 years living off the infamy of Kurt Cobain's suicide. Without that, she is only a butt-ugly, sad hasbeen, drugged-up and talentless tart. A bit like Yoko Ono without the talent (... :blah: )

11. Glider

Glider /dev/null

In the Kurt / Courtney discussion, the wrong person challenged the shotgun... It should have been Courtney...

And I still like Nirvana a lot, their songs bring out the strangest emotions with me. I still remember them from Pukkelpop here in Belgium. They were just getting famous, and played an opening act. Never had 3 persons created such a fuss both on and off stage @ Pukkelpop. The only thing I dislike about Nirvana (mostly Kurt) is the smashing of the instruments. Altough it was their "label", I think it shows disrespect for your tools.

But, I still think Kurt is one of the more gifted guitar players (and like the absolute top, like Hendrix, he was a LEFTY) :) Look at the simplicity of their major songs, they use simple chords or picks, yet they sound distinct, in harmony and... it just works. Take Polly, the bassline are 4 grips... The guitar part isn't that more, and still, it is superb.

Just a shame he lived in his own world, and didn't want the fame. He was a lonley boy, just playing for fun I guess.