1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking a motorola E398

Discussion in 'General' started by tank_rider, 14 Apr 2006.

1. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Anyone know a free website where i can get an unlock code for my motorola E398? Either that or anyone whose managed to find a website that has unlock codes for any motorola that i can have a search on.

I tried googling, but i couldn't find any that were free, i just want the ability to use my old phone when i go riding so i dont have to take my nice new samsung sgh-i300.

Cheers

Andy

2. Valo

Valo Minimodder

as far as i know (i have been playing with my moto e398 for a few months) you cannnot unlock that motorola without smart clip unlocking device...

3. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

4. firestarter03

firestarter03 What's a Dremel?

Yup there are no remote unlock codes for this phone. I'm afraid it's a clip or data cable unlock.

5. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Well thats not a problem as a datacable comes with the phone, is there any way to download the software or is that warez?

I'm a bit confused with there being no unlock code way to do it, as there are several websites that you can pay for that claim to be able to unlock it using a code.

If i can't easily find a way to unlock it i may well just pay to get it done as its more useful to me than money i can get for it on ebay.

6. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

They send you the software which connects to a server, which then generates a code to unlock the phone.

7. Valo

Valo Minimodder

id get it done in shop.

unlocking e398 by data cable is a lot of hit and miss, some claim that motounlocker (google it, too late to do it myself) has unlocked their phones, but most of the people failed to do so with any kind of software available for the usb cable.

8. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

yea i would agree with the above...take it to a shop were at most it should cost you £15 to get it unlocked with a clip.

remote unlocking (using the code) is very hit and miss with some phones..its only th new Nokia's which can really be unlocked with a remote code 100% safely.