1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis: new screenshots

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 20 Apr 2006.

1. WarningFromSpace

WarningFromSpace What's a Dremel?

Keep in mind that all that is only on DX9. All I can say is holy sh*t.

2. CJs06

CJs06 What's a Dremel?

The screens are not pre-rendered. Check out the Tech-demos crytek released.

Go to www.gametrailers.com to see the tech-demo previews. THERE AWESOME.

3. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

But I didn't really fancy running Vista :wallbash:

/me donates to the Wine project

4. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

/me wants :eek:

5. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Thanks for the heads up - the info we had previously was it was DX10 only. Clearly that doesn't make a whole lot of commercial sense, since all the XP gamers with DX9 cards wouldn't be able to play it. If they can detect DX9 vs DX10 and adjust the effects and detail level accordingly then cool.

My advice is to hang tight - we'll be at E3 in a few weeks and we will play it first hand and grill the developers. And of course when the game comes out, you can count on bit-tech to test it on a wide range of hardware and establish your Best Playable Settings.

6. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

mmmmmmm those are some of the most sexy pictures ive seen today. Beautiful.
    I have a feeling that a PPU will be required for this title. And that dense vegetation, stunning.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Read the page everyone - that IS DX9 rendering! Jeebus.

Anyways, holy crap. Just holy crap. I thought Oblivion at unplayably high settings was realistic - this just puts them right to shame. That face... surely we're not going to see levels of detail that crazy-high in the actual NPCs, just their original models or whatever.

8. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

i think i've just wet myself....those are amazing, hell the sceneery pics fooled a couple of my mates when i asked real or rendered. i think the only i know for sure is if i put that ahywhere near my current rig (sig rig) then it would probably have a fit and stop working i doubt it could even render that head at a decent rate.

9. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Now that everyone has sufficiently drooled over the pretty pictures...

Is there any indication as to whether or not they've put as much effort into the content of the game or did they follow the majority of the gaming world and throw all of the money at the visual aspect? I don't feel like spending a bunch of money for something that is marketed on looks alone. I'm usually spending too much time running and shooting to admire a person's skin texture, much less the lighting beneath the skin. :blah:

-monkey

10. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Hm...I do agree that the scenery is stunning, but it's hardly a reason to freak out!
    This whole thread is just an echo of "amazing"...which quite frankly isn't that amazing.

The article quite clearly says on the quotes of the Crytek dude that the game supports DX9 systems also, can't be that hard to understand, can it? I hope I don't need to quote.

Candy candy...would anybody be interested if they just decided, instead of the graphics OMGOMG shots, to publish character profiles or something like that, as to give a hint on what the story is about...after all this praising I'm alot more interested in the story and gameplay etc, as it's basicly proven that the graphics are covered.

11. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

That is great eye candy really. Honestly Sathy, you want your game to be given away before you can experience it? :eyebrow:

12. dom_

dom_ --->

Because they impress people with the eye candy and then impress us later maybe nearer the time when the game comes out with character info. It is going to be just under a year before its out ffs.

13. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I think I just wet myself.

14. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Wow...some of those fooled me for a sec there. My friend thought I was kidding when I said they were from a game.

/me runs to get tissues

15. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Christ on a bike! that looks like it's going to need some graphical grunt to play at decent fps' :jawdrop:

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

17. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

Jesus f**kin' H Christ inna chicken basket!!! :eeek: I think I just pissed myself too! :jawdrop:

I've seen the colored chaps face pic before, but this is seriously jaw droppingly good stuff....even if it is only DX9 at the mo'. Though one will have wait a good while longer until we know anything about whether the gameplay and content (script) will match or better the graphics. But considered the bang up job they did on Far Cry they've got the pedigree and HL2 has raised the bar too.

It does look like it'll be another free-roamer, I see they're sticking with the islands with mountain template to funnel your roaming again. And I imagine no matter how powerful a rig you have upon release it'll hammer it. Eldar Scrolls: Oblivion hammers pretty much everything out there with all the eye-candy turned on at high res. A PPU card does looks like it may be needed (if supported) or that nVidia SLi setup that's rumored to do the same thing.

Now I was gonna build a new gaming rig later this summer, looks like I'm gonna have to hold my breath till early next year so I can spec it right. :sigh:

18. Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg What's a Dremel?

What he meant by "hardware you can buy in shop" ? Im bet my 7800GTX that the my 7800GTX cannot do decent res on this lol. And i would sacrifice HDR for AA

19. MrABC

MrABC What's a Dremel?

If that is DX9 - can't wait to see what DX10 looks like. Those outdoor pics really did fool me. I think a PPU card is needed if your going to see all those leaves on the trees swing around and stuff.
    Time to upgrade my PC. Im still using socketA and AGP! :D

20. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

I'd hold your breath until the next gen of GPUs come out or even the one after that. Likewise with the new PPU card, not worth getting until its had a couple of revisions or so, and enough games out there that can utilize it.

Tags: Add Tags