1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill Movie *Updated*(Warning *56K* Unfriendly)

Discussion in 'General' started by DivineSin, 5 Nov 2005.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ah, I only played 4 on the Xbox. I spose 1 and 2 were on the original PS1?

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

1 was PS1.
    2 was PS2 + Xbox.
    3 was PS2.
    4 was PS2 + Xbox.

1 and 3 are connected story-wise, but you can play 3 and kind of pick up the necessary parts of the story from 1 as you play along.
    2 stands on it's own and IMO is the best game and definately has the best story. It's slow paced and not scary in the convensional sense. It's more psyhological and engaging, and creates a sense of despair.
    4 also stands on it's own, although there are a few references to the other games in places. It's very differently designed. Some love it, some hate it.

You can get SH1 very cheaply and can play it on your PC with ePSXe. It only takes about 6 hours if you hurry through it so well worth it if you plan on seeing the film. SH2 is a masterpiece, and you can get through that in 8-10 hours. This would give you a good background to Pyramid Head which would also be a good reference to take to the cinema.

God, I'm going to bore the crap out of everyone else in the theatre :)

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Im gonna get 2 for the Xbox that's for sure. I never even finished 4 actually. I got about 80% of the way through and it just got repeative and a bit boring. All the really scary stuff had been done and going through the same levels over again wasnt my idea of fun. I really really liked it's scaryness and ingenuity and it's the ONLY game since RE that I found to be geuinely scary, it just wasnt as playable as RE. One part of it actually made me feel physically sick :eeek:

I think I may play the games before seeing it actually, or at least, play #2.

Did you know they are bringing #1-4 and then 5 out on the PS3? Like Shenume is being 1-3 on the 360 at some point in the future.

4. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I"m interested in seeing the movie but I'll probably wait til it hits DVD in a couple of months.

Funny part is that the movie is in a fictional town here in West Virginia (why the hell do movies based in WV have to always be horror movies or something to the effect?) yet they filmed the movie in Canada.

Sidenote guys, they're wrapping up a major portion of the "We Are Marshall" film shoot about the plane crash that killed the entire Marshall University football team and alot of the family members. Looks to be a good film.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's not too un-normal. The shoot the whole of smallville which is meant to be in Kansas, in Canada.

WV is just a scary place I'd imagine. Or, lots of people that go there dont come back.

6. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Didn't see it but the rating was 15 :)

7. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

I saw the movie last night, I thought it was a great flick. Probably the best video game to movie yet. Warning though, this is not for the faint of heart or stomach, its probably one of the goriest movies Ive seen in a long time.

One really great part though is that the begininng is almost exactly like SH1, even the camera angles

8. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

fantastic!
    i think the original on the ps1 was the best of the series.
    thanks for the feedback wesker, i cant wait to see this. sounds better than resi evil

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I'm going to explode if I don't see this soon.

10. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

Its an awesome movie. Hands down. Everyone who can see it, do so.

The only downfall to the movie were a few cheesy lines here and there, but they don't drag it down much. Just make sure you've played at least a little of one of the games before you see it or you'll be pretty confused. Silent Hill should have its own genre. Theres nothing like it.

11. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

I saw it earlier today (well, yesterday now) and I thought it was amazing. I've never played the games before - only know them by reputation - but I wasn't confused in the slightest bit. Maybe I'd know more about the storyline if I had played the games, but all the baisc & necessary information was there in the movie.

It's definitely the only decent horror movie I've seen in a while and I watch nearly every movie that even attempts to be a horror movie.

Much props goes to this movie for being both a great horror movie and a great game -> movie conversion. Either one of those things usually spells disaster, but this movie passed BOTH.
    :D

12. fev

fev Industry Fallout

saw it last night at George St. Odeon.. worst decission of my life small screen.. full of americans bitching about the screen. URGH

anyway.. quality flick, enjoyed it throughout even the cheesy lines. Never played the game past the first one... perhaps I might from now