1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Dark Blade by G69T

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G69T, 30 Nov 2004.

1. Gaoske

Gaoske What's a Dremel?

Someone who can think up ALL of this in his head, must be quite big-headed...
    No offense, but it's almost impossible to desgin this without pencil, paper or a proper designeing program such as sketchup, autocad, Solid works, etc...

Been following this one since the beginning: parts of the waterstation were designed and produced... It'has been a damm suprising and high Q job ever since :clap:

please, mod on :baby:

2. Neomagic

Neomagic What's a Dremel?

That is truly an amazing work of art... really can't get my head around how you think all that stuff up :)

But I do think the cheapo looking displays totally ruin the high quality look and feel of this masterpiece...

3. McKaamos

McKaamos What's a Dremel?

I don't think they look cheapo... It's just that the amount of text on them doesn't really fit the case (but that comes off easily with some acetone/nailpolish remover).
    A clean black finish on those displays would look better, but this works too imho.

4. JamesM

JamesM What's a Dremel?

Perhaps the displays would have looked better behind some smoked black plexi, and backlit...

5. thriteenthmonkey

thriteenthmonkey What's a Dremel?

I agree the white text doesn't sit well with the rest of the case

6. Neomagic

Neomagic What's a Dremel?

Well, in any case, dot matrix or VFD behind smoked glass would indeed do it much more justice :)

7. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

8. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Sweet Jesus-Mary-Mother-of-Christ-Holy-Father!!!!!

Just read the whole post. and My lord this is one sexy case. :D :D :D

9. AmmoCell

AmmoCell What's a Dremel?

I hate to jump on the OMG 1337 w00t! bandwagon, but consider me on it. This is amazing!!!

10. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

Wow!

Lo!
    Only just found your project, and must say it is the most impressive anything I think I have ever seen.
    This isnt just a mod, this is something so ground breaking that it really deserves its own title, to set it aside from us mere mortals who think putting a window in the side of our black cases is the height of existance. Any suggestions anyone??
    This project is truly amazing, I dont think you will be able to find any kit that is worthy to be housed within this case without raiding the R&D labs at AMD.
    Jaz_knos

11. helmo

helmo What's a Dremel?

ohhh oooohhhh!

sorry i've had that building up since I saw the first page an hour and a half ago. no but seriously, this is the most rediculess case on the face of the planet. 2 things though.

1. How much would it cost for you to do cases all day long? like if you got sponsors...and a whole bunch of pre-orders, say from us.

2. Don't like the white silvery things on the DVD drive. Other than that wow, just wow.

-New subscriber to anything you ever build,
    Kevon Lindenberg

Last edited: 6 Sep 2006
  12. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

aw. only 37 pages :(

good stuff man. one of the best logs ive seen since numerous logs from zapwizard, orac3, blackmesa projects, and a few in the bittech logs.

grats on making the main page. you certainly deserve first place for quite a majority of case awards available anywhere. some great machiene work and attention to details.

ive been watching this mod since day 1 and it has progressed in a posative direction with every post.

you have put quite a lot of time into this and you should be acknowledged for it.

amen brother. awesome work, even though you have heard it, by now, most likely thousands of time.

req.

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Finally front page! A lot of people always wanted it (like me :) ) and finally we got it.

Congrats G69T! Keep going.

14. gometro33

gometro33 What's a Dremel?

Yes, congrats on front page!! It's not a full project log there yet, though. But it's a start.

15. BadOldMan

BadOldMan What's a Dremel?

errr... um.... ah...

So when is the WORLD TOUR?

Im stunned at the level of detail... :eeek:

16. Quakefire

Quakefire What's a Dremel?

Looks absolutly amazing, but please tell me you have plans for those thermal take temp monitors??? They dont really fit in at their current state

17. Soulmage

Soulmage Minimodder

Hello? didn't get your hand caught in a press did ya?

18. gideon

gideon What's a Dremel?

every 9 minutes someone losses fingers or something with that type of machinery, let's all join hands and pray for him :hehe:

19. thriteenthmonkey

thriteenthmonkey What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty confident that G69T knows his way around heavy machinery
    I think a lot of the stuff we less privlaged modders use is actually a bigger threat to our health

also if he is doing the side panels (crosses fingers) something that size with the complexity of this case would take a long time to CAD and a week or more to machine (each)

20. moddingchaos

moddingchaos What's a Dremel?

wow, truly amazing work. That's casemod art in all it's beauty..
    I envy your skills and imagination.

one question:
    did you get inspiration from somwhere to this project or did the idea just pop up one day?

The most beautyful craftmanship I have ever seen.