1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BT buys up dabs.com

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 28 Apr 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Risky

Risky Modder

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Can't see how this makes any sense for BT. But I guess Dabs is a pretty decent operation - I've done a lot of buying through them over the years and always well of them.

3. ContingenctPlan

ContingenctPlan What's a Dremel?

Ordering from Dabs, unlike eBuyer, has always been hassle-free. You pay a little extra for the peace of mind, though.

4. Risky

Risky Modder

Yep they do know how to package a disk drive for a start!

5. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

seems bizarre to me. not really a related market (other than a few products i guess)

(NB, it's 'Tesco' not Tescos)

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I've never bought from Dabs based entirely on the fact that they never used to support purchasing on anything other than a Credit card so I couldn't use my Switch cards there. That and the fact their site used to be quite terrible to navigate, now BT have their fingers in the pie even more reason not to shop with them.

7. RTT

RTT #parp

Wow - bizarre indeed.

Not bought from Dabs.com in years and years and years though...

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

their new site rocks though, its quite similar to ebuyer but just better in almost every respect :)

9. Risky

Risky Modder

Their old-old site a few years back was great if simple - I took it as an example of how to do a a shop site. The one before the current was a nightmare, you really had to hunt for stuff.

10. RTT

RTT #parp

I absolutely hate that whole filter system they have going on. What's more annoying is that ebuyer have done the same thing on their upcoming new site :duh: (IMO)

11. mulberrycrush

mulberrycrush Minimodder

I usd to love Dabs, but after a bit they went all call centre then emails only. they delete customer records after 2 years, which is not illegal, but about 3000 pounds of past orders when I tried to order to a different address... changed my password to a long line of txt and never went back lol :)

12. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I've never really liked dabs since I had problems with my first purcahse there a couple years ago. And RTT, I agree about the filtering system, it's not exactly that efficient.

As with BT buying up dabs, that does seem really odd, can't see how BT would benefit more since they already have their own online site. It's probably a marketing thing, and saying that I'll be asking my friend's dad who works for the marketing dept at BT...

13. solar

solar What's a Dremel?

Dabs are great until something breaks and you have to get send it back for a replacement.

Complete nightmare.

Not helped by the fact that they don't have a phone line so you can't call and shout at people - you have to do everything by email.

14. Fusen

Fusen What's a Dremel?

I've used dabs on numerous accasions and always have had good experiences, although they do charge more than most places, shgme newegg didn't buy them as they are cheap as chips in the US and they might have brought that philosophy over to the UK :(

15. sgr55

sgr55 What's a Dremel?

Personally i've never liked dabs. I avoid using them as much as possible as i'm still waiting for an order not to me messed up for me.

Over the years i've plaed 30+ orders and not 1 has been done correctly :( - I dont think they like me very much at all
    Ebuyer last 3 have been aok so far. There support is worse than dabs though. I tired once to get through to the telephone support. Gave up after an hr

Honestly though. Amazon are by far the best. I just wish they'd extend what they sell a bit more

Tags: Add Tags