1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Too good at games.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by webchimp, 29 Apr 2006.

1. webchimp

webchimp What's a Dremel?

I sometimes play Day Of Defeat Source and even if I do say so myself, I'm pretty good at it. I usually play as a German rifleman, which those of you that have plaid the game will know is a one shot killer. I rarely cheat in single player games, occassionally I will to get past a tricky bit if I'm getting fed up with not being able to complete it, but I have NEVER cheated in a multi player game. However, I am constantly being accused of cheating and have been kicked and banned from a few public servers by people that just won't accept that you can be that accurate. GRRRRRRRR! :grr:

I just wanted to get that off my chest. :D

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is why internet gaming sucks.

You either suck, and everyone else kicks your arse, or, You're great and your ass gets kicks cause noone can take it.

Playing with others outside of the same room is far far too overrated.

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

needed to be said again

never played online, never intend to. The idiot/non-idiot ratio online is far too massive to bother

4. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

depends where you play, if you play on popular public servers like say the jolt ones then you get all of the ******** above ^^
    find yourself a nice server with regulars and you'll have much more fun
    i dont ever play on the jolt servers anymore cos i end up at the top by a long way and get accused of aimbotting, so now i play on a particular clan's forum (not affiliated with them or anything) because the quality of players on there is far far better, i usually end up somewhere in the middle

this is not limited to the internet, there are ****ing idiots everywhere you go
    if you were to randomly invite people off the street to come into your house and play games with you dont you think you're going to get a large proportion of idiots, makes no difference if they're in the same room or not tbh
    why would the internet be any different, same people just not in the same room

the other side of internet gaming:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=111881

Last edited: 29 Apr 2006
  5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Omg, much worse over here. ALot of 12-14 year olds playing CS = the worst...

Battlefield 2 is okay, and MMORPG players are quite nice actaully, most of the time anyway.

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Thats pretty much all it is here. Or at least you'd think they are, they way they talk/act/noob.

7. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Most of the time, yeah. But let's not forget the sore losers who can't take one loss at PvP. e.g. most recently when I was playing WoW we had an even PvP battlegrounds going and just completely smashed the Horde (for once) and then my friend gets abusive pm's from a horde player through an Alliance alt. Lots of moaning and cussing and just kiddy stuff.

Some take the game too seriously, imo. Not fps_doug though. He's an exception in my books :rock:

8. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Mods, with this being a pay-to-play site, if me linking to it is in anyway inappropriate, feel free to delete this post.

For those of you that play BF2, www.bf2combat.net is a nice thing to sign up for. I'm not sure if this is considered a plug or not, as you have to pay to sign up, but I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, other than being a member. The people there actually use tactics and it's all squad-based good gaming. Also makes for some great friends to go and play on pub servers with, so you can actually have squad mates that know what they're doing.

9. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

I totally agree with webchimp

i used to play halo in my freetime

and with practice always got headshots

then when my friends put up servers the would kick me as they thought i was cheating....how annoying is that

10. ToiletGamer

ToiletGamer What's a Dremel?

As somebody has already said, join less mainstream servers. Its what I do and its alot more fun, you get to bond with the regulars and ive never seen anyone get kicked for being to good at a game.

11. haste

haste What's a Dremel?

so which ones in this thread are idiots? :D
    j/k of course...

we have a local lan party every couple months in my hometown and i have to say some of the people that go there are annoying as crap(usually the younger ones). but there are some people that go to the lan parties that are cool and don't act like children.
    i really think they should ban online gaming for anyone under 18 yrs of age.

12. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

a sentence all people will know if they ever play with 14 year olds

"OMG HE SO HAXXX"

:p

I have never been good enough to be accused of a hacker, but I understand.
    My mate is really good, and we used to go on CS 1.6 at night for an hour, and he used to get kicked for being accused as a hacker.

Fair enough it was me suggesting it sometimes for a laugh :p

13. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I used to get accused of hacking in CS all the time. Not because I was number one on the table all the time, not because I didn't die(because I did, lots) but simply because I knew where people were. The main problem with CS is that most of the people who accuse others of hacking have no idea that sound can be used in order to know where others are, and that if someone knows a map well, they know exactly where to look at what time in the round.

I've never been kicked though, servers I play on are pretty good that way.

14. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Too true specofdust.

I have been accused of being a hacker on CS once when I heard footsteps in a room, then went in and saw a gun sticking out from behind a crate :p

15. XLGlobetrotterXL

XLGlobetrotterXL Banned

I always play online (BF2) and Yes there are '****s' but its a really good experiance. I love it its more fun and challenging.

If your too good why not go onto another game? i.e BF2 or FEAR?

16. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

It’s because hacks have become so subtle and clever these days. Even with CS which is an old game, if you’re good, you may average near the top on regular servers with decent players. However, if you get some subtle hacks, say for example a wall hack that only shows people just around the corner just before you are going to meet them, then you can easily destroy everyone on most servers. It’s almost undetectable unless you are very observant and it gives you a great advantage.

So how do people suppose to discriminate against the hackers who are getting that slight advantage and the good players who have good reactions? With people being so defensive about hacks, and the hackers never admitting to having them it’s practically impossible to stop unless you have a good Anti-cheat.

I miss the days of C&C Renegade where cheats were like a hand gun deploys a nuclear bomb on your base, a quick kick ban fixes that.

*RANT*
    Sorry. :)

17. XLGlobetrotterXL

XLGlobetrotterXL Banned

LOL 'Rant' :p.......

There are sometime hackers on bf2 aswell, like if you are on top of a building and you have a nike in your hand, you can kill the person on the ground with one stab, and the hack where your opponents light upo yellow and you get a head shot aim bot :( Its killing the fun for all the online gamers.

Look at this video clip from bf2.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rS5Jf4lkbyw

:(:(:(

Tags: