1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 2 Armoured Fury screenshots

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 2 May 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

I am looking forward to the new pack. I just wish there were a lot more maps. The 3 maps just seems like too few. 5 maps or more would have been better.

3. pman

pman What's a Dremel?

At last there are US based maps! No dry undergrowth for those snipers to hide in :D

4. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

It looks like a pretty good expansion, but this should be free. It's definitely not worth 10 bucks (makes me sound cheap), this should be a free expansion. Valve and AA introduce new maps and features all the time without the need to pay for the extra content. Why would I want to pay for an add on that will be riddled with bugs just like the main game. I guess the [fill in expletive here] at EA just like to rip people off.

5. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Maps should always be free. I don't care official or not. I guarentee someone out there could make these maps themselves. Hooray for money-hungry EA!!

6. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

thats rediculous

it sounds like even worse value then euro forces

meh, ill just stick with my BF2 & SF

Bloomin money grubbing EA

7. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

I must say euroforce was pants for the £4.99. I would of rarther got an old game for the pc like Black and White or something

8. Adnuo

Adnuo Banned

Were these screenshots provided by EA? Because they're surprisingly lacking in any graphical quality whatsoever...aliasing everywhere, textures aren't high, etc. etc.

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

£4.99?? cost me £5.99

10. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

mmm but its got the A10, i used to love that in proper sims... full of bullets and running on one engine still managed to land the damm thing, it'll probably handle even more like a dog in this though.

11. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

As long as it has the HUGHES 500 in it i will be just fine... I love that helicopter!

12. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

Well the graphic quality is lacking a lot. Pay for maps? R u out of you mind? Why should we do that??? R these ppl at EA gone nuts? Lets hope that they will be free in the end.

13. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

cost me £3 off ebay and it didnt even work! hahaha!

14. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Theres something about those open road maps that makes me want to install BF2 again :), so i think they've got my 5/6/quid (just means 2 less pints at the weekend)

15. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I agree that EA is just getting damn greedy. Although I had fun with it for a bit, I've stopped playing BF2, and I highly doubt I'll buy another game in the series due to their greedy business practices.

This is almost as bad as Atari's handling of Act of War where after months of promising they released a map editor, with MANY bugs, without french to english translations, or a manual of any kind.

16. CountStiltzkin

CountStiltzkin What's a Dremel?

Crackers!

17. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I don't think it's value for money at all. But seeing those Little birds and A10s... *drool must buy... >.<;;

I've always wanted Little Birds since it was released... unfortunately they didn't appear contrary to old screenshots. But now finally... finally... :D

18. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I agree its abit of a con for what was once free upgrades which is becoming a thing of the past with even more games coming out with subscription charges.

Will all games be charging a subscription in the future and all downloads with a cost. Its not new.

The xbox has downloads and maps etc for games. some free and some costing money.

Its another ploy to put parents in a difficult position with their kids wanting the latest maps and addons begging their parents for it and them giving in.

I really hate the idea of those subscription games. The amount of games I have and varriety will soon disapear because how many games can you afford at £10 a month each??

But still it works, people buy the downloads and subscriptions and they will do it and keep doing it as it makes money.

19. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I'd love to fly those little birds and warthogs, but I don't think I'll give in to do that.

Tags: Add Tags