1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Original Star Wars Trilogy coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 4 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

For me, Star Wars is Star Wars and I love them all.

Ok so maybe I have my favorite bits and stuff but hey, so does everyone.

3. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

I was never enough of a diehard fan of the originals to care about little things like that. Ok, changing who shot first is annoying but overall the films looked better and sounded better, can't really complain at that. Having said that, it's good to be able to get the originals again for reference sake.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's about bloody time. I couldn't stand the remastered versions, sure, I don't mind the better quality visuals and audio, but I never liked the new scenes or the way they changed all the music.

5. Kasrkin Guard

Kasrkin Guard What's a Dremel?

Too bad I already got the box set back in 2004. Doesn't make sense to have the original then, but oh well. :sigh: If I had not, I would have majorly considered this instead.

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

And these shall sit proudly next to my box-set on the shelf.
    Star Wars DVD's are like pokemon; you gotta have them all.

7. bender386

bender386 What's a Dremel?

i got the remasterd ones and no money so i wont get the new ones. but still its a dam good idea to bring these ones to dvd

8. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Fantastic news... Especially on StarWars Day! :D

May the 4th be with you! :hehe:

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Shame its not a box set, but having both versions is a nice addition for people who havnt got the remastered version already.

10. calking13

calking13 What's a Dremel?

I think this is great, way to go Lucas!!

Although, I don't need to buy them because I already have the original on VHS (yes me and my family still watch VHS). We don't have any DVDs, we usually rent them elsewhere.

11. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

calking13, supposadly the original VHS's are worth alot ;)

12. fev

fev Industry Fallout

and those who don't care raise your hands

13. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I suppose it's another trilogy to add to my collection. I've got the re-mastered trilogy (4-6) along with 1-3.

It's another way to make more money out of the films, but I'm not complaining.

14. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

:sigh:
    I wonder why they won't clean up the original trilogy (i.e. clean up the existing footage) and remaster the sound so that we have a cleaner, better-sounding version. I hate the fact that if I want clean visuals and good sound, I have to watch the 1997 version with craptastic added footage and horrible new music.

Still, at least it's a compromise. Now I can watch the end of RotJ without seeing Hayden Christensen and listening to that gawdaweful new music!

-monkey

15. calking13

calking13 What's a Dremel?

Not ours, I'll leave it to you to imagine the worth of the triliogy after three 4 & 5 year olds played it over and over and over again. When it first came out in the 90's. :wallbash:

16. Adnuo

Adnuo Banned

I'm still waiting for some sort of Ultimate collection or something. I want all eps 1-3, extended with all the extra features and such, then 4-6 remastered with all the interviews, features and stuff, and then the originals in a nice looking tin as a box set. I was hoping they would at least release a 1-6 box set, but apparently no dice. I'd happily pay $100 for the Ultimate collection -- you're basically getting 9 movies plus ****ing days worth of extra stuff, so $10 a movie plus $10 for another week or so of stuff to watch. Bargain, IMO.

Until then, I'll be happy with my remastered 4-6 on VHS.

17. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

Hehe, I still have the orginals in VHS *Everyone remember what that is?*, so I think I would like to get them in DVD, especially since I no longer have a VCR to play them in!!!!

I'll hold on to them, in oh, 50 years or so, they might be worth $ on Ebay....lol

18. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Thank God! (or the Force, whatever)

I had been trying to find rips of the thx vhs's but had difficulty.
    honestly i'd rather have a nicely packaged dvd than ripped torrents.
    But no 5.1 track?
    and George is gunna rip us off by making us buy them seperate with the remasters which I already frikn bought?! And wheres my high def bluray full box set with originals, remasters and prequels?!!!!!!!!
    ahhhhh!!!!! cmon!

19. Otacon

Otacon What's a Dremel?

with star wars its always the same.

why release in a box set now what can be released individually first and box set later.

next year you'll be able to get the 3 original and remastered in a box set, year after that the 6 movie boxset will comeout, then lets finally remaster the originals etc....

and of course you just know when the super ultimate limited edition comes out with everything in it they'll dig up george lucas to make 7, 8 and 9

20. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Agreed, but it's about time they brought out the original 3. I hate the new additions to those films - they just look too fake. George tried too hard with them and came off looking second best to the original footage he had made in the 70's and 80's.

He should use the cleaned up footage (and 5.1 the soundtrack) but lose any additions/changes from the originals if that doesn't sound like too much of a contradiction.

Tags: Add Tags