1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverting back to the 'old' style Project Logs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by RTT, 2 May 2006.

?

What should happen to the Project Log Discussion Threads?

1. Merge the discussion threads with the Project Logs

45 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Delete the discussions altogether

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Merge the discussion threads with the Project logs *upon request of the modder*

33 vote(s)
    36.7%
  4. Merge only discussions with more than, say, 10, posts

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Tim S

Tim S OG

That is ultimately one of the several reasons why the project logs were reverted. :)

2. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Glad to see it's back to the old way. I think it definitely helps to provide more feedback to mods deserving of it. Anyways way to go :thumb:

3. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

cripes!
    I was just preparing to mirror my worklog here because of the format and suddenly you change it back! argh...
    Well i'm sure you had your reasons.
    But perhaps the previously suggested method of making an option to sort out only the original threadstarters posts would bring the best of both worlds...
    But, I guess i'll just have to start my own site or something if I really want to show my log like I want now.
    ...I am sad...

4. DaLoonie

DaLoonie What's a Dremel?

I totally agree. And why is it modders can't, apparently to what you say, have two threads? I mean a clean worklog and a discussion log. Ofcourse there will be more comments in the merged solution but will also be spammed with "cool" "OMG Awesome" comments filling up 40+ pages. Who want to read that?

Thanks for crapping up a great solution of seperated threads. Now I won't be enjoying my stay here anymore. Sorry.

5. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I have to say that "cool" and "OMG Awesome" comments aren't spam to some of the modders who surely appreciate the visable feedback to their modding efforts. It's fairly easy to go through the thread and find the updates... they're the posts with all the pictures.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

Guys, our primary objective is to deliver a high quality service to the modding community. Having tried both methods, the general concensus was a return to the original format. Please understand that we can't please everyone all of the time. All that it requires is for modders to add a table of contents to their first post, directing readers to the major updates.

Don't think that we're standing still with the current project logs format though, as we're developing a suite of massively improved tools to increase our support for the modding community. We can't reveal any more than that at this time.

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Good to see you guys took my advice and changed it back :)

Good work.

8. DaLoonie

DaLoonie What's a Dremel?

Might not be, but one liners(posts), aren't very thrilling to scroll through while reading a perfectly good mod log.
    If the seperate thread gave less feedback, maybe it's because only people who cared posted there. And not just anyone to say "awesome" or of the like, but put an effort into their posts. Quality over quantity.

9. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

totally agree.

With it as it is now, you get a load of comments that you have to skim past to see how the modder is doing, which sucks :(

Ah well guess i'll have to wait till the next spring cleaning of it and hope you guys change it back :D

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

You've mis-understood what he wrote - chemo prefers the current system (i.e. the old one) based on what he said in his post.

11. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

oh god yes i have lol! :D :wallbash:

My bad... :duh: :hehe:

Thought he said he prefereed clicking a link and jumping to the comment thread lol :p

12. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Hmm. Why the change again? I preferred they way that they were seperated...

bummer

L

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

14. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Ok then. I'll go with it. I have faith in the bit-tech crew! :) hehe
    L

Tags: Add Tags